Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 19, 2022 at 9:54 am #11254865

georgiB-5

I am trying to:
Activate WPML after migration
I have migrated the site from another hosting and migrated to a new domain, everything works except WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Admin panel

I expected to see:
Activated

Instead, I got:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: item should be a Collection or an array or an object in /home/bumbamco/greenyguest.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php:110 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Obj::WPML\FP\{closure}(NULL, 'setup_complete', false) #1 /home/bumbamco/greenyguest.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/functions.php(152): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #2 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Obj::WPML\FP\{closure}(NULL, 'setup_complete', false) #3 /home/bumbamco/greenyguest.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/collect/src/Illuminate/Support/Traits/Macroable.php(56): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #4 /home/bumbamco/greenyguest.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php(88): WPML\FP\Obj::__callStatic('propOr', Array) #5 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Obj::WPML\FP\{closure}('setup_complete', false) #6 /home/bumbamco/greenyguest.com/wp-content in /home/bumbamco/greenyguest.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Obj.php on line 110

Cannot provide debug.log since the plugin cannot be activated

May 19, 2022 at 2:56 pm #11258271

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

Something probably went wrong in the migration process.

There are a couple of things that I can recommend:

1. For migrating your site, our recommendation is to use the following plugin or a similar one:
- https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Documentation can be found here: hidden link

Here is a small tutorial on how to use Duplicator:
hidden link

2. You can also try to remove WPML completely (this won't delete any data from the database, it will only remove the WPML plugin files) and manually reinstall it.

Here are the steps for that:

• download the latest version of WPML from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/;
  • disable WPML Multilingual CMS
  • delete WPML Multilingual CMS (again, the settings and the translations are saved in the database so they will not be deleted);
  • upload the freshly downloaded WPML plugin from Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin
    → Activate WPML
    ;

3. Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu.

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.