Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.57 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
February 9, 2024 at 8:15 am #15284273

ianstudio

Hello, I duplicated a site and ended up with the the same Translation ID on both. I was able to fix that I think, they now each have a different ID, but they still seem to share the same translations. How do I fix that ?

February 9, 2024 at 8:55 am #15284456

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, you got d/c while I waited for your reply for some time. However, meanwhile this ticket is attended by our support, can you try deactivating all other plugins except WPML, then switch to the default theme, clear all caches and try these troubleshooting options (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/)?

IMPORTANT: Please take full backup of your website and database beforehand.

This may not be an ideal one, but may be a conflict causing not to sync the sites properly.

Regards.

February 9, 2024 at 10:07 pm #15287708

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I have a few questions, as I do not understand yet what it is that you are trying to achieve:

Let me sum up, to understand better:

1) You create a new clone of your site.

- If so, then this would mean that you are using the same database as before and it is expected that in this case, all contents will still have the same post ID and translation IDs.

2) You did "something" to change the content's translation IDs.

- I can not recommend that you take direct action on the database.

With WPML all your content remains on the wp_posts table (original content and translations). The WordPress post_id indicates for WPML the source of the original content and then connects to the post_id of a translation while using custom tables, that use their unique translation IDs for Translation Management.

If you want to create complete new translations, you can manually delete all translated content from your site.

3) I suppose, that even after deleting the content, once you open the WPML Translation Editor you might still see the old translations, correct?

- The WPML Advanced Translation Editor is running on an external server and has a translation memory for your existing and already translated content.

If you do not want to use this translation memory on your new site, I can offer to reset the translation memory for your account on our system.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] duplicated a site and ended up with the the same Translation ID on both’ is closed to new replies.