Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
April 30, 2022 at 4:21 pm #11126899

florinB-5

Hi there

The staging site managewp.buffetitservices.ch (just a clone from live: finanz-konzept.ch) has this line of Code:
<script type="text/javascript" async="" src="hidden link"></script>

When i disable WPML it disappears...

Where is this saved in WPML? As i want to remove it also WITH WPML installed.

Best Regards

Florin

May 1, 2022 at 4:27 pm #11128489

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there, Florin.

I tried to look for this URL inside another WordPress test website where we have WPML installed and I was not able to find it on the front-end, in the code of the page.

1. Can you please let me know if this is visible on all of the pages or only on a specific page? If it's on a specific page, please let me know which one is that?

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 3, 2022 at 9:26 pm #11144725

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Florin and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that I was able to log in successfully.

I am spending more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 5, 2022 at 3:39 pm #11161137

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I checked the code on the homepage and I am not able to find anything that contains "googletagmanager". Can you please take a look? From what I can see, WPML is also enabled.

If I right-click on the page and select "View Source", there's nothing that contains that URL.

Maybe this issue has been resolved on its own and it was cache-related and the cache was somehow cleared now?

Please let me know if you can find it.

Mihai

May 5, 2022 at 9:00 pm #11163077

florinB-5

Hi Mihai

It is still there:
hidden link

Best Regards
Florin

May 8, 2022 at 10:14 am #11175213

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Florin.

I am sharing a screenshot with you with exactly what I see, in the same area that you showed me via your screenshot.

As you can see, that part of the code doesn't show up for me at all.

Maybe you have a browser extension that adds that code for you? Maybe try with a different browser?

Please check.

Mihai

Screenshot 2022-05-08 at 13.12.30.png
May 8, 2022 at 11:22 am #11175291

florinB-5

Hi Mihai
I checked with another browser, still there.
Which Browser are you using?
Are you testing with German or English Version?
Did you accept the cookies?
Best Regards
Floin

May 9, 2022 at 2:42 pm #11182867

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there, Florin.

I tested both languages.

No keyword is found in the code of the page when I'm searching for "googletag".

I'm using Google Chrome (Version 101.0.4951.54) as my browser.

And yes, I accepted the cookies already.

You can see a screen recording I created here:
hidden link

Mihai

May 9, 2022 at 8:58 pm #11184527

florinB-5

Hi Mihai

Please look in the inspector and NOT the pagesource. There you will find it.

Best Regards
Florin

May 10, 2022 at 5:26 pm #11192007

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Florin.

I was indeed able to find it in the "Inspect element" area but it is weird that it doesn't show up in the code, too.

I got in touch with some of my colleagues, too.

We don't have this as part of our code.

We believe that this might be a configurated language event defined in Google Tag Manager for a specific language/s or property.

So you would have to take a look and see if that's the case, as we are not the ones who are adding the script.

Please let me know how that goes.

PS: And the fact that this is happening only after the cookies are accepted, is totally expected as the cookie consent tool is blocking all requests from 3rd party services.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 11, 2022 at 7:39 pm #11202413

florinB-5

Hi Mihai

Unfortunately you can try yourself: Please disable WPML on the staging site and the googletag will disappear.
So you should find too where it comes from...
Best Regards
Florin

May 11, 2022 at 9:39 pm #11202895

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Florin and welcome back.

I was able to understand from the very beginning that the issue is happening only when WPML is enabled because I remember that you mentioned that. I even mentioned this to our developers when I got in touch with them on this matter.

That is why I mentioned this: "We believe that this might be a configurated language event defined in Google Tag Manager for a specific language/s or property."

That is probably why it's showing on the languages (when WPML is active), but that's not something that we deliver through our plugin's code. If it was coming from us, I would have gladly shared with you a way to remove that from your website.

This is defined somewhere else.

I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior on a clean WordPress setup so it's coming from somewhere else 100%.

I hope that I was able to explain myself a bit better now.

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.