Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JeySign studio 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
August 7, 2023 at 3:41 pm #14165047

JeySign studio

I am trying to: Use Site Kit WooCommerce and WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
Within the procducts

I expected to see:
Not the code in the frontend

Instead, I got: toew different error codes:

1.Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/hosting149286.a2ebb.netcup.net/hotel-liebesglueck.de/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/slug-translation/custom-types/wpml-st-slug-translations.php on line 31
2. Deprecated: preg_match(): Passing null to parameter #2 ($subject) of type string is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/hosting149286.a2ebb.netcup.net/hotel-liebesglueck.de/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/addons/wpml-page-builders/classes/Integrations/Elementor/Hooks/DynamicElements.php on line 94

I only know that it appears when I am using WPML. I have checked the other plugins and have deactivated SiteKit as well. It also did have an effect on the HP and have caused more difficulties. Please find an image attached of the error.

Also, please find login credentials for the HP:
[supporter removed]

Thank you for your help.

Groß (Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-07 um 17.30.53).jpeg
Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-07 um 17.14.10.jpeg
August 7, 2023 at 3:55 pm #14165301

JeySign studio

Please notice that I have deactivated WPML on the HP temporary in order to let the homepage look as intended. In order to reconstruct the issue, please reactivate all WPML plugins. Merci

August 8, 2023 at 1:01 pm #14169431

JeySign studio

When will I get some support here? Why is nothing happening?

August 9, 2023 at 3:44 am #14172751

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Sorry for the delayed response - it has been a full queue for the past few days and it can take a bit longer to respond.

Please update WPML plugins on your site to the new version (WPML 4.6.5, String Translation 3.2.7) and check this issue again.
Refer documentation
https://wpml.org/errata/site-kit-by-google-uncaught-typeerror-illegal-offset-type-in-isset-or-empty-in/
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#checking-for-updates

Notice: Please don't add your site credentials to your comment. This is a public forum and anyone can see that. You can share when a supporter asks for it and there will be a private box to fill in the info.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

August 9, 2023 at 10:29 am #14174909

JeySign studio

Another question: Ist this regarding the PHP Version? I have downgraded the PHP Version and it was running again quite ok.

August 10, 2023 at 1:46 am #14178913

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Yes, the error message is related to the PHP version. If you downgrade the PHP version to 7.4, it might work properly. There are some restrictions when passing value to the function from PHP 8.0, if the value type is not correct, it will break down the site or display a warning error.

Please read more in this topic
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71707325/migration-to-php-8-1-how-to-fix-deprecated-passing-null-to-parameter-error-r

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

August 17, 2023 at 2:07 pm #14246889

JeySign studio

Alright. Thank you for the informations. I downgraded the PHP Version and now it is working properly again. I will wait for further updates in order to use the newer PHP version.

Thanks a lot!

August 17, 2023 at 2:08 pm #14246891

JeySign studio

All cool. Great informations and fast help. Thanks a lot!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.