Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
May 2, 2022 at 8:50 pm #11135725

petrav-6

My pictures are missing
hidden link

If you look at the bottom, above the footer, at "Foto's" normally there are a lot of pictures, but now they are missing.

How is this possible?

May 3, 2022 at 6:35 am #11137559

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I checked but I can see the images are also missing on the default language, the image is attached.

- hidden link

Please check your default language page and update. Make sure the images are showing there and the default language page is working as expected. Then update traslation/translate the page and it should work fine on the 2nd language also.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_1.jpg
May 3, 2022 at 6:36 pm #11144139

petrav-6

Hallo Drazen,

We had contact last year I think.
About exactly the same problem.
This problem occurred after updating some plugins.
In the main language the pictures are missing as well.
It looks like the advanced custom fields have something to do with this.
Unfortunately, I cannot look back what the solution was the last time. I only now that it was not something that I did wrong, also unfortunately, otherwise I could fix this myself.
Can you help me with this?

May 4, 2022 at 5:53 am #11146305

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

Yes, I remember, but at that time it was only on the translated page and translation settings for custom fields were not set correctly.

The reason why I am now suggesting first fixing the issue on default language is mainly since WPML doesn't impact your default languages, and it probably is not an issue related to WPML but only ACF.

If you wish, you can disable WPML plugins and then try to make it work on the default language, enable back WPML, update translation and see if the issue still happens on the translated page. If yes, I will be glad to help further, but please note I can not check and fix things that are not related to WPML.

I would also suggest checking the default language issue with a developer who set up your website in the first place.

I hope you will understand our side here.

Let me know how it goes and if you need further help with any WPML-related issues.

Thanks,
Drazen

May 4, 2022 at 7:42 am #11147257

petrav-6

Hello Drazen,
Thanks for your reply.
I thought that the issue was exactly the same and that the pictures were on not on the default pages as well.
I totally understand your side in this. I myself created the page and this goes beyond my knowledge.
What I do not know any more if you fixed the issue then or someone else

May 4, 2022 at 8:50 am #11147959

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for understanding.

Yes, it was me, I remember checking it, but not sure if it also happens on default language.

Anyway, as said please check without WPML on the default language and make sure the images are showing there, then if you have and need any help with WPML, or think this issue is WPML related let me know and I will be glad to help. 🙂

Kind regards,
Drazen

May 4, 2022 at 11:26 am #11150507

petrav-6

Okay, I will.
This is probably not WPMP related because in the default language it is not possible to insert the pictures
I will keep you posted

May 4, 2022 at 12:53 pm #11151399

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

sure, take your time and let me know if you need my assistance.

Kind regards,
Drazen

May 9, 2022 at 3:44 pm #11183179

petrav-6

Hi Drazen,
Here I am again.
A little step further and I think I my need your help again.
I looked in my emails from last time and the problem is that the Anywhere Elementor Template translation is still in progress.
I tried several things but I do not get it fixed. Can you help me with this?
At my first attempt the pictures where there and then suddenly it jumped back at "being in progress" again. After that I saw that the license number of AE was missing so I implemented that again, hoping that this was the reason it jumped back, but now I cannot get it "completed", it is staying "in progress"
Hope you can help me.
Shall I give you access to the site again?

May 10, 2022 at 6:30 am #11186119

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

if the issue is still there on the default language page when WPML is disabled, then it is not related to WPML and I am afraid it has nothing to do with the job in progress.

I understand you have an issue with your website, but please try to understand our side here, we are WPML support and will be glad to help and go out of the scope of our support sometimes, but we can not fix and debug issues not related to WPML.

I checked and can see the problem is still there on the default language page.

As suggested before, disable WPML, and make sure you get it working on the default language, without WPML. Then when you enable WPML if you have any issue, or if you have any issue with the translation / translated page let us know in a new ticket and I will be glad to help.

Kind regards,
Drazen

May 11, 2022 at 11:18 am #11198185

petrav-6

Hi Drazen,

By disable WPML, you mean that I have to deactivate the plugin?

If I disable WPML and later activate it again, are alle my translations than still there or do I have to translate everything again?

May 11, 2022 at 11:26 am #11198305
petrav-6

Hai Drazen,

I think it is a bit more complex

The AE accommodation template is in the process of a translation.
That is the message that I become.
When I try to open it, I cannot go any further and the message popsup:
WPML tried to translate this page three times, but failed. To have it repaired, please contact WPML Support

What can I do know?

Kind regards,
Petra

New threads created by Dražen Duvnjak and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-tried-to-translate-this-page-three-times/

May 11, 2022 at 11:32 am #11198543

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Petra,

thanks for getting back.

1) Yes, that is what I suggest. Your translation will not be lost, but please make a backup just in case something goes wrong.

As said and confirmed by you the issue with images missing (ACF) is there even in the default language when WPML is disabled, so you need to make your configuration correct and work without WPML first. Then when you translate and use WPML, it will also show up on a translated page.

I suggest you check with a developer who made your website.

2) That is a different known issue and not related to this current ticket.

We limit 1 issue per 1 ticket, to keep things clear and easy to follow. I have opened a new ticket for your new issue and will update you further there:

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-tried-to-translate-this-page-three-times/

Kind regards,
Drazen

May 11, 2022 at 1:04 pm #11199469

petrav-6

I recevied your mails, but before I can try to change things, I first have to make a good backup. Will be back asap

May 11, 2022 at 1:10 pm #11199509

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for the update.

Sure, take your time, and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.