Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
May 19, 2022 at 1:40 pm #11257629

petrC-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Open Translator Editor, but it gives me an error: WPML didn't manage to translate this page.
We are using Auto-Translate functionality (only for posts) and Advanced Translation Editor

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Settings ‹ Qatium — WordPress 2022-05-19 15-40-25.jpg
Settings ‹ Qatium — WordPress 2022-05-19 15-38-31.jpg
Posts ‹ Qatium — WordPress 2022-05-19 15-37-53.jpg
May 19, 2022 at 8:39 pm #11260587

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thanks for your contact, and welcome to the WPML support forum!

Could you please ensure that the correct language pair is assigned to the user who is trying to translate the page? To check this, you can go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translators.

If this is correct, please try the following steps:

- In WPML -> Translation Management -> Jobs tab, cancel the stuck job
- Then, make a small modification to the page (like an extra space, in order to refresh the translation status)
- Back to WPML -> Translation Management, send this job to translation and try toopen it with ATE

If the issue persists after this procedure, I'd appreciate your help enabling the debug mode. Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

Please check the following links to read more about debugging with WordPress.
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#Example_wp-config.php_for_Debugging

After adding the code above, try to reproduce the issue again and check if you'll find a debug.log file inside the wp-content folder. If you locate it there, please send us the last lines here in the ticket.

Looking forward to your reply. Best,
Mateus.

May 20, 2022 at 9:25 pm #11269197

petrC-8

Hi Mateus,
Thank you for your advices, unfortunately they didn't solve the issue:
1) I added all languages to my user, but still the same - editor not working
2) There is no Jobs tab under Translation Management (see screenshot)
3) After activating debugging in wp there is no debug.log file created after trying to open translation editor tool (nor any php error in backend) - it looks like there is not any error related to php or js.

But I noticed the url is changed to: /wp-admin/edit.php?ateJobCreationError=102&jobId=4866
I found this on your board: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ate-job-creation-error/ but it looks like Boby fixed the issue via FTP access, and did not post how to solve it.

It is very critical, basically we don't have any option to edit auto-translated posts.
Please, let me know what do you need to be able to fix this - do you need FTP access to be able to fix it in the same way as Boby? (our memory limit is 512 - see attached screen)

Sincerely
Peter

Translation Management -05-20 23-15-53.jpg 2022-05-20 23-24-47.jpg
Support -23-14.jpg
May 21, 2022 at 4:41 pm #11271385

petrC-8

Hi, any update on our issue please? Do you need access to FTP?
How could we solved this issue, plese?

May 23, 2022 at 11:55 am #11279959

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 23, 2022 at 7:00 pm #11283863

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thank you for providing the website credentials.

I checked this out but so far I couldn't find a fix for it. I asked my colleagues to have a look at this issue in order to see if there's anything I'm missing.

I'll come back here as soon as one of my colleagues reply back to me (which it shouldn't take long).

Thanks,
Mateus.

May 24, 2022 at 8:29 am #11287477

petrC-8

Thank you, it is very critical for us, because now we are not able to correct any auto translate post. (If we do via standard wp edit then are not reflected changes made in oreginal post - llike image change inside the post). So please let me know once you will have it solved.

Also after your work I can see a lots of Drafts in posts - what is that, why that happend?

posts.jpg
May 24, 2022 at 2:29 pm #11293919

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the problem.

The issue is happening as 'review_status' is not set correctly in the wp_icl_translations_status table. Please check the errata page: https://wpml.org/errata/jobs-are-stuck-in-pending-for-review-status/

We tried the workaround described there, and also a SQL query, but we're still facing some issues. Now we can review the translations here: hidden link, but if we try to edit it, the ATE can't be opened.

We're still investigating it, as soon as possible I'll provide you with updates, please stay tuned.

Kind regards,
Mateus.

May 24, 2022 at 3:50 pm #11295059

petrC-8

Hi,
thank you for update. We have set auto-translation to "publish without review".

I hope the issue with unable to user translation editor will be solved soon, it is critical for us.
Waiting for your reply.

Peter.

May 25, 2022 at 12:36 pm #11304865

petrC-8

Hi, please do not continue with any action I will prepare a testing environment with copy of the web, after your last modifications whole blog categories were messedup.

I will inform you once, the environment will be ready.

Peter

May 25, 2022 at 12:52 pm #11305069

petrC-8

Please prepare a private message for send you a credentials.
New link: qatium.weloveweb.eu/wp-admin
admin access is the same as before, but if you will need an ftp access I will need a private message.

thank you

May 25, 2022 at 1:35 pm #11305755

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but when we checked, all posts and categories seemed ok.

We tried to access the staging version, but there was a critical error on the website. Could you please review it? I'll mark your next reply as private again. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Regards,
Mateus.

May 25, 2022 at 5:18 pm #11308679

petrC-8

Now you can continue in our subdomain.
You didnt see it (mess in categories) because we have to put everything to order ASAP.

Please let me know once you will have a solution for our problem.
Tomorrow it will be one week and we still dont have any solution.

Sincerely
Peter

May 25, 2022 at 5:19 pm #11308731

petrC-8

And we can see there is back a problem with tons of "drafts" how is this possible?

Sincerely,
Peter

May 25, 2022 at 7:28 pm #11309341

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thank you for creating the staging website.

We have made new tests there, but unfortunately, the issue persists. We're still investigating it, very soon I'll bring updates from our second-tier support team.

About the drafted posts, as I mentioned above, they were just fine when we checked. Would it be possible to delete them, or restore a backup version where this issue is not occurring? Thank you.

Regards,
Mateus.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.