Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 25, 2022 at 9:49 am #11302045

rubenC-34

I'm trying to translate a post, but WPML cannot create the job. I've tried cancelling it, making a change to the title and tried again but it doesn't work at all.

May 25, 2022 at 11:10 am #11303515

rubenC-34

It appears to be a site-wide problem. New page cannot be translated either. Very dissapointing, need to continue working but I can't like this. Please help asap

May 25, 2022 at 11:13 am #11303615

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

This issue might be happening due to a recent update. Sorry for that.

Can you please let me know if you had the chance to try the steps mentioned at the URL below?

- https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/

If that doesn't work, please also try this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ate-server-communication-forbidden-5/#post-11295981

or this:
https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-triggers-a-migration-notification-banner-even-when-the-site-hasnt-been-migrated/

If none of those will work, we have another thing that you can try.

One user reported that they fixed the issue with the following steps:

- Go to WPML > Translation Management
- Click on "Translators"
- Check if your user is defined as a translator. If not, please configure it again.

Please let me know how that goes and if you are now able to translate pages.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 25, 2022 at 11:28 am #11303957

rubenC-34

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried the first, that didn't work. But if I remove the site key as stated in the second possible solution, won't I lose all my translations to date?

Looking forward to your reply

Kind regards,

Ruben

May 25, 2022 at 1:59 pm #11305905

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Ruben.

No, because the translations are saved in the database.

So there's no risk of losing the translations, but please do create a full website backup so that you are safe no matter what.

That's what I would always do.

Mihai

May 25, 2022 at 4:27 pm #11308291

rubenC-34

Hi Mihai,

Tried it all, nothing worked.

Please help

Kind regards,

Ruben

May 25, 2022 at 4:50 pm #11308453

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and thank you for the update.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 26, 2022 at 7:28 pm #11320279

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

When I try to open the "wp-admin" URL to log into the site, I am getting redirected here:
hidden link

And I don't have the email and password for this.

Can you please check?

Thank you.

Mihai

May 27, 2022 at 11:57 am #11326007

rubenC-34

Hi Mihai,

You should be able to login using the tempadmin (info@thehighcloud.eu) user details.
That's the hosting's website where I login to get into wp-admin

Ruben

May 27, 2022 at 9:25 pm #11330799

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Ruben.

I tried to use the email that you shared but none of the passwords that you shared work for that email.

It seems that I need to first log into that hosting panel before getting access to the WordPress admin panel.

Can you please let me know what are the exact credentials I should use for that first login step?

I'm re-activating the private fields below.

Thank you.

Mihai

May 30, 2022 at 9:43 pm #11347637

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I was finally able to log in now.

The credentials at the very bottom that you shared this time, were the ones I needed.

Can you please let me know what post you are trying to translate (name or URL) and from what language to what language?

Please let me know.

Mihai

May 31, 2022 at 7:20 am #11349365

rubenC-34

As said in my first few messages, nothing is working. New pages, new blogs, I can't create any translation at the moment. For example, I created 'Lemon Haze – de échte – van Coffeeshop DNA' in Dutch and need it translated to English. But also the page 'Over ons'. I've stopped creating content after I figured out none of the translations were working. Very dissapointed

May 31, 2022 at 6:21 pm #11356503

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and thank you for the clarification.

I asked because some of them were working fine and ATE is working fine for those.

Can you please create a full website backup, then go here (hidden link) and update everything to the latest version?

Please let me know if the issue is still happening after you do that.

Also, can you please let me know if you already tried this? I'm asking to make sure because this usually resolved the issue for most of the people who encountered this situation:

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ate-server-communication-forbidden-5/#post-11295981

Please let me know.

Mihai

June 1, 2022 at 6:02 am #11358685

rubenC-34

Hi Mihai,

All tried, no succes... That last option you sent a week ago, so I don't understand you send again.
Is there actually someone gonna fucking fix it??

I can't do anything for a week now!!!

Is there anyone I can call during office hours? 1 email a day doesn't help the cause...

I'm getting VERY IMPATIENT

PLEASE HELP ASAP

June 2, 2022 at 5:37 am #11368623

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and thank you for updating WPML.

Now, the Translation editor works fine for both 'Over Ons' (hidden link) and 'Lemon Haze – de échte – van Coffeeshop DNA' (hidden link).

I resent the content for translation (went to WPML > Translation Management, selected each of the pages, and sent them for translation using the "Translate" option).

After that, I went to WPML > Translations > I found the job and I clicked the "Translate" button.

That was it.

Good luck with the project and have an amazing rest of the day.

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.