Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing two issues: first, imported XLIFF translations are visible on the front-end but not within the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE). Second, the Mega Menu breaks after synchronizing menus with WPML.
Solution:
For the XLIFF import issue, we explained that translation services rely on the Classic Translation Editor (CTE) and it is expected that translations will not be visible in the ATE nor editable there. To resolve this, we recommend disabling the ATE in the WPML translation editor options by navigating to WPML -> Settings. Switching to the CTE may serve as a workaround.
Regarding the Mega Menu issue after WPML Menus Sync, we would need more information to provide a specific solution. If you're experiencing similar issues, please note that the solution provided might be outdated or not applicable to your case. We highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 20, 2022 at 7:53 pm #10397581

jamesF-23

XLIFF issue recreate don Sandbox. Imported XLIFF translation shows up on Front-End but not inside ATE.

and Mega Menu breaks after WP Menus Sync

January 20, 2022 at 10:14 pm #10397985

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The issue about the XLIFF import that do not show up on ATE has been escalated internally now and our developers will have a look into it shortly.

As soon I do have more information about it I will be in contact.

Now, please provide more details about the issue that you experience with Mega Menus PRO.

It would be great if you could provide a small list about how the isuues is able to be recreated and apart form that recreate the issue on this new test-site:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please install the plugin in its latest available version and recreate the menu.

It might be that the issue cocured specially after running WPML -> WP Menus Sync, correct?

Best regards
Andreas

January 23, 2022 at 8:01 pm #10413233

jamesF-23

Just to keep this open.

January 24, 2022 at 6:40 pm #10421353

jamesF-23

The issue is once I synced the navigation menus the mega menus broke because "/fr/" was added to the mega menu link urls and are now the wrong urls.

January 25, 2022 at 8:56 pm #10430491

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please try to recreate the mega menu issue on the sandbox, so that I can further assist you?

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Also, please provide me again admin access to your site, for having a better look at the issue.

The private reply form is enabled.

Best regards
Andreas

January 27, 2022 at 4:20 am #10442103

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The second tier support replied regarding the reported issue.

Now, even though I am three years on WPML support, also I learned something new today and my apologies for any delay that this might have caused.

As you might know we do have two translation editors:

- Classic Translation Editor (CTE)
- Advanced Translation Editor (ATE)

Now, as Translation Services rely on the Classic Translation Editor, it is expected that you do not see the content inside the Advanced Translation Editor and also not able to edit them.

In such case you would need to disable the ATE inside the WPML translation editor options on the page WPML -> Settings.

The translations from translation service are not supposed to be edited in general, but maybe switching to the Classic Translation Editor might be workaround.

Best regards
Andreas

January 27, 2022 at 2:51 pm #10447301

jamesF-23

Got it, disabling the advanced editor worked and I can see the translations. When I make a change however I don't see it live. I click translate, make a change but the status of the the page is "In Progress". How do I get the translation status to be "Complete"? Do I need to resign before it's active on the site?

January 28, 2022 at 6:18 am #10452135

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can not replicate this on our test-site:

1) Create page
2) Create translation job
3) Export XLIFF
4) Translate XLIFF
5) Import XLIFF (Translation completed)
6) Click edit on Translation queue
7) Edit translations and save
8) Newly edited translations do show up on Frontend.

See here:
hidden link

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

In case you have further questions or experience issues, please let me know and I will enable the private reply form, so that you can provide me access to the site again.

Best regards
Andreas

January 31, 2022 at 5:24 pm #10473409

jamesF-23

YEs, Make private

February 1, 2022 at 5:55 pm #10482623

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The private reply form is enabled again.

Best regards
Andreas

February 3, 2022 at 2:24 am #10495395

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are unsatified, but I can not confirm any issue here.

On your live site I create a the draft post "WPML Test":

1) Create post
2) Create translation job
3) Export XLIFF
4) Translate XLIFF
5) Import XLIFF (Translation completed)
6) Click edit on Translation queue
7) Edit translations and save
8) Newly edited translations do show up on Frontend.

I do not see any issue here:

hidden link

Take note, that I did not see any older translation jobs on the translation queue, as I have a new user account that was created after these jobs were generated.

Please test again and provide me an example in case you still run into issues.

Best regards
Andreas

February 10, 2022 at 4:06 am #10547261

jamesF-23

keep open

February 11, 2022 at 1:30 am #10556243

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The ticket will remain open for maximum 14 days, unless we receive another reply from you.

Take note, that on your site I was not able to replicate the issue with new created content.

If older content, or older translation jobs still shows some issue, please allow me access to an admin account on which I can see those problems.

Also, take note that the reported issues is expected when content is using the Classic Translation Editor.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

Please do not hesitate to make a test and update the original content, create a new translation job and make a test XLIFF export, translate it and import as I mentioned in my prior message.

If you need a free CAD-Tool for testing XLIFF translations, I can recommend this one:
hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

February 18, 2022 at 10:55 am #10610931

jamesF-23

Keeping this open.

February 18, 2022 at 12:53 pm #10612317

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The ticket will remain open for a maximum of 14 days from now unless we receive another reply from you in the meantime.

If the issue keeps occurring on your site, or I did maybe not capture the issue correctly as I was not able to recreate it, please provide me a short video that visualizes the problem.

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.