Lilt is the new engine for enterprise translation workflows. We increase quality and speed with the neural feedback loop which combines human ingenuity and machine intelligence in a virtuous cycle.
Getting started with Lilt and WPML
To send content for translation to Lilt, install the following plugins on your website:
- WPML Multilingual CMS – the core plugin
- WPML String Translation – this plugin will allow you to translate interface strings
Working with Lilt via WPML
Here are the basic steps of working with WPML and Lilt. For a full walkthrough, check out our page about using WPML with a translation service.
Connecting Your Website to Lilt
First, you need to connect WPML with Lilt. Part of this very simple process is to request your Lilt Connection key and Connection url.
If you are new to Lilt, there are two ways to sign up for a Lilt account:
- Become a Lilt customer and purchase Lilt Software or Services. Contact Lilt’s Sales Team to learn more.
- Working for Lilt as a language Translator or Reviewer. You can find our application to work for Lilt here.
Once you have a Lilt account, email email@example.com to request your Lilt API Token.
Sending content for translation
Once your site is connected to Lilt, you can start sending your content for translation.
Each batch that you send, and each language you want those pages translated into, will become individual Projects in Lilt. Read more about Projects in Lilt.
Receive a quotation from Lilt
When the translation basket’s contents have been successfully sent to Lilt, you will see a confirmation message.
At this point:
- If you are a Lilt Software-only customer, you can sign in to Lilt to find and manage all of your Projects as usual.
- If you are a Lilt Services customer, no further action is required. Lilt will match qualified translators to work on your Projects, just like content that comes from any other source.
Receiving completed translations
Once done, your site is ready to receive completed translations.
Canceling translation jobs
Although you cannot cancel individual translations from WPML, you can delete a single job or an entire project from your Projects page on the Litle Client Portal.
Read more about canceling translation jobs sent to a professional service.
Translating the Rest of Your Site
Once you’re done translating the content of your page, there could be untranslated texts in menus, sidebars, and similar places. No problem, you can use Lilt to translate the rest of your site.