Reported for: WPML字符串翻译 2.7.3
Resolved in: 2.8.5
Elementor Pro provides you with the possibility to create your own elements and use them as Global templates on the Elementor -> My Templates admin page. You create one, translate it using WPML and expect that its translation will be displayed all over your site but it is not the case.
Please, before proceeding make a complete backup of your site, files, and database; or only try this workaround on your development site.
First, make sure you that the translation of your Elementor global template has the same type (footer, header… ) than the original one. If this is not the case, please follow these instructions to correctly translate your templates:
- Go to the Elementor -> My Templates page.
- Click the Add New button.
- Select 「Footer」, for example.
- Create a template in the original language.
- Go to the Elementor Edit Page, choose 「Display Conditions」 and select 「Entire site「, then publish it.
- Duplicate your Global template from the original language using WPML.
- Translate it.
Finally, you need to add the following code snippet to your theme’s functions.php file.