Today, we released WPML 4.4.5. This release includes a number of important bug fixes for the main WPML plugins, plus some compatibility fixes for plugins and themes.
With the WordPress 5.6 release right around the corner, it’s important to keep all of your plugins updated to ensure a seamless transition to PHP 8.
WPML 4.4.5 handles a number of fixes for known issues and will clear the way for our next release, WPML 4.4.6, which will focus on compatibility with WordPress 5.6 and PHP 8.
Major fixes in this release include:
- Fixes for issues with custom XML configuration
- Fixed disappearing WPML links when editing the menu
- Fixed updating media duplication options for posts without attachments
- Removed optional values from arguments that were required previously
- Fixed auto-translation of site links when using the Advanced Translation Editor
- Fixed an issue with ignoring the Skip Language setting on static posts page without translations
- Fixed a problem with wpml_permalink showing the wrong permalink
- Allow HTML when translating terms description
- Fixed a problem with saving translated term when its slug is the same as the original term
- Fixed a problem with saving the widget language
- Restored the Duplicate button for Display as Translated post types
- Update: On November 23rd, we also released WPML 4.4.6. This release includes a fix for an issue with rewrite_rules that caused some sites to show blog content on all pages instead of the actual content.
This release also includes some updates for PHP 8 compatibility, as well as compatibility fixes for the following themes and plugins:
- Google Site Kit
- Page builders
For a full list of fixes and improvements, please see the changelogs on the Downloads page.
Download and Install
We push out WPML releases gradually. If your sites haven’t received this update yet, give it some time and you’ll see the update in a few days.
To skip the queue and get the update right away, to the Plugins → Add New page, click the Commercial tab and then click the Check for updates button.
You can also download the plugins manually from your WPML account’s Downloads page.