Resolved

Reported for: WooCommerce Multilingual 4.2.10

Resolved in: WooCommerce Multilingual 4.3.2

Symptoms

If you are using WooCommerce Multilingual 4.2.10, you probably noticed that new order emails are showing placeholders instead of the site title, the order number and/or the date on the Email Subject.

For example, emails are showing:

New Customer Order ({order_number}) – {order_date}

Intead of:

New Customer Order 1234 – April 23rd 2018.

Workaround

This issue will be fixed in an upcoming version of WooCommerce Multilingual.

In the meantime, you can use the following workaround:

  1. Edit the class-wcml-emails.php file found in the ../woocommerce-multilingual/inc/ folder.
  2. Comment out (or remove) lines 138 and 139, like shown in the following code snippet:
//add_filter( 'woocommerce_email_heading_new_order', array( $this, 'new_order_email_heading' ) );
//add_filter( 'woocommerce_email_subject_new_order', array( $this, 'new_order_email_subject' ) );

26 Responses to “New order email subject shows placeholders instead of Site Title and date since”

  1. Dear, I also encounter this issue on the header of the email going to the seller. We got this issue with 4.2.10. Please be so kind to fix the issue with the upcoming update. We will wait for it.
    Thanks. Warmest regards. Michele

    • Hello Michele,
      This issue will be solved in an upcoming update of WooCommerce Multilingual. In the meantime, please use the workaround here provided.
      If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to open a ticket in our forum.
      Regards

  2. Thanks for Livio V. (Engineer @ WooCommerce) to point this for me and helped to fix my issue, thanks for the workaround from WMPL.

  3. So WPML thinks it’s OK to have such a major issue and not release a fix for it, even after 30 days?!?! You guys are really making records for being the worst company out there. Everytime I waste time on bugs, WPML pops up as the issue…

    Does the owner know of these unresolved issues you guys are releasing in your plugins?

    Can we get him in this thread so maybe he can explain to me why these bug fixes are not released? I’m pretty sure I’ve updated WPML in the last 30 days, yet this fix was not there…

    I would really like an input from Amir (or Emir), I really forget his name sometimes…

  4. And this is not the only issue. There is also an issue with these emails going out as plain text not html, problems with translating these strings and much much more…

    Getting closer to switching Polylang…. <3

    • Hi Paul, I did some research with our support and in our internal ticket system and I can’t find an issue like the one you are describing.

      Please create a support ticket so we can help you, as in the comments section of the errata we can’t provide you a proper support.

      Thanks.

  5. Please get the owner or WPML to respond here. I find this as unacceptable. Your plugin hasn’t been updated for 2 months, there are known issues in it, yet you haven’t updated? I’ve wasted much time trying to resolve this only to find you guys already know about it and haven’t fixed it? Is this how WPML runs their business? I would like a statement from someone here, and I will forward it to the WordPress community…

    Thank you for wasting my time once again WPML…

    • Hello Paul,

      The fix is ready to be released with the upcoming version of WooCommerce Multilingual (as part of WPML 4.0.0), which should happen very soon.

      Meanwhile, our support forum would be happy to assist you applying a patch which will fix the issue while waiting for the upcoming release.

      Or, if you prefer, I can get in touch with you by email and help you with patching WooCommerce Multilingual.

  6. Andrea,

    A bug should not just sit there for months without a fix being released. This is not a bug that a few people are experiencing. This is a bug EVERYONE is affected by. Anyways, things are moving forward with Polylang and I’ve started testing their tools. So far so good.

    I guess I got what I deserved with the lifetime license, and now it is time to move on…

    • The fix is already part of our current beta but we will keep this errata open until the final release (very shortly).

      • Actually, I installed WCML 4.3.0-b.1 along with latest WPML and bug is still there. Along with the other one with variable products… I really can’t understand why WCML is being released with so many bugs in it. And also why is it taking so long to fix it. Support promised the release of 4.3.0 a week ago…

  7. This morning I installed WCML 4.3.0 and an hour after we have an order. With {order_number} and {order_date}… Just edited class-wcml-emails.php again to comment those lines. Surprised that it wasn’t fixed.

    • The final release for WooCommerce Multilingual 4.3 is out.
      If you are still having problems with this please open a new support ticket so we can deal with it properly.
      Thanks!