WPML plugins, this website, and all related services are provided by the OnTheGoSystems company. By using them, you agree to the terms and conditions presented below.
On This Page:
- Using Your WPML Account
- Developing WPML-Powered Websites For Clients
- Fair Usage Policy
- Distributing and Selling WPML Plugins Is Forbidden
- Using WPML’s Automatic Translation
- Privacy Information and GDPR
Using Your WPML Account
When you purchase WPML, you get access to a WPML account. There are three types of WPML accounts: Multilingual Blog, Multilingual CMS, and Multilingual Agency.
Each account type gives you access to a specific set of features. Most importantly, the type of your account defines:
- Which WPML plugins you have access to
- How many sites you can register WPML on
Additionally, all types of accounts give you:
- Access to our support for 1 year
- Free updates for 1 year
What Happens If You Don’t Renew
If you don’t renew your subscription after a year, you can still log into your account, however, you will:
- Stop receiving plugin updates
- Not have access to support
- Not be able to register new sites even if you still have available slots
You can continue to use WPML, however, please note that WordPress and other plugins get updated all the time. As your site will be running an older version of WPML, you might run into different compatibility issues.
Registering Sites With WPML
After installing and activating WPML on the site, you need to register that site.
Depending on which WPML account type you have, you can install WPML on a specific number of sites:
- Multilingual Blog – 1 production site + 3 development sites
- Multilingual CMS – 3 production sites + 9 development sites
- Multilingual Agency – unlimited number of production and development sites
In addition to these, there is the discontinued Lifetime account. It doesn’t require a yearly subscription and can be used on an unlimited number of sites.
Only clients with valid and active accounts have access to our support. We offer support through chat and forum.
For detailed information on what’s included in our support, please read our support policy.
Developing WPML-Powered Websites For Clients
You are free to register WPML on sites you develop for your clients.
In this case, you are still the only one with access to features in your account. In other words, only you can download WPML plugins, register sites, and receive support.
If your clients need support, you will have to provide it for them.
Transferring Accounts To Clients
If you’re building WPML-powered websites for others, we recommend transferring the account renewals to clients. You should do this once the site is finished and you are ready to hand it over to the client.
This way, they pay for their own WPML renewals (at a discount) and get their own access to support and plugin downloads.
Additionally, you receive a bonus for every transferred account, plus additional websites you can register with your account.
Adding Other People To Your Account
If you’re an agency building sites for clients, you might have different people on your team that need access to different features of your WPML account. For example, different people might need to download plugins, register sites, open support tickets, and pay for the subscription.
In this case, you can easily add more people to your account.
Fair Usage Policy
While the Multilingual Agency and the discontinued Lifetime accounts allow you to register WPML on an unlimited number of sites, you are obliged to use them according to our fair usage policy.
In other words, you can use them on websites you develop for yourself and/or your clients. You are not allowed to register WPML on websites of third parties out of this scope.
We reserve the right to cancel any account that violates this policy.
Distributing and Selling WPML Plugins Is Forbidden
WPML name and logo are trademarked. You cannot use them without our explicit permission outside of what this terms page allows.
You cannot distribute any of our plugins for free or sell them. In other words, you cannot:
- Sell and distribute WPML plugins to third parties
- Bundle WPML plugins with your theme or plugin
- Offer our plugins as a part of your hosting service package (e.g. “buy our hosting package and get WPML for free”) unless it’s a part of a special agreement with us.
Using WPML’s Automatic Translation
WPML allows you to automatically translate your website using the three top machine translation engines: DeepL, Google, and Microsoft. To use WPML’s automatic translation, you need credits. When you buy WPML, you get a generous package of credit to get you started and if you need more, you can activate a pay-as-you-go account or buy a bundle of prepaid credits.
Pay-As-You-Go for Automatic Translation
The cheapest and most convenient way to pay for automatic translation is to sign up within the plugin’s interface and pay-as-you-go. There is no monthly subscription fee and you can cancel at any time.
Here’s how it works in short:
- Each translated word costs a certain amount of translation credits based on the translation engine you use (Google, Microsoft, or DeepL).
- The first 2,000 translation credits you use each month are free. If you spend more than that, we will charge you based on how many credits you used beyond that according to the current pricing table. You cannot carry over unused free credits to the next month.
- Prices are calculated progressively, so the more you translate in a month, the cheaper it is per credit.
- If you didn’t spend any credits in a given month, we simply won’t charge you anything.
- For each automatic translation invoice, you will be charged for any credits you used during the previous calendar month. The billing period starts at midnight UTC on the first day of the month and ends at midnight UTC on the first day of the next month. Invoices are issued and your credit card is charged on the 3rd of each month.
- WPML does not store your credit card information. Payments are processed via Stripe.
Safety limit charges:
- There are two safety limit charges that prevent you from accidentally spending too much and protects us from fraud.
- If you exceed €100 in a month, we’ll ask you to pay for those first €100 euro (+ VAT) before using more credits. Please note that you would need to translate a lot of words to reach this limit. We will then subtract those €100 euro from your invoice at the end of that month.
- It’s the same if you exceed €4000 in a month. If you cross that limit in a month, we’ll ask you to pay for it before using more credits. Please note that you would need to translate a huge amount of words to reach this limit. Again, we will then subtract those €4000 from your invoice at the end of that month.
We reserve the right to change the translation pricing and the way it is calculated in the future. Of course, if this happens, we will always notify you in advance.
For detailed information including a price calculator see our page about pricing for automatic translation.
Prepaid Packages for Automatic Translation
In some cases, you might prefer to buy packages of credits for automatic translation. We offer two packages: 40.000 credits for €50 and 200.000 credits for €180 EUR.
You can add credits to any site that doesn’t use pay-as-you-go. These credits don’t expire.
Refunds Related to Automatic Translation
When you use automatic translation, your content gets processed and translated by one of the available translation engines – Google, DeepL, or Microsoft. So, by the time the automatic translation is done (which is very quick), we’ve already paid these translation engines for this.
This is why generally, we are unable to offer refunds for translation credits you already used.
In some rare cases, we might grant you a partial or full refund related to automatic translation credits. For example, this might happen in case of potential glitches on our side, related to charging you for automatic translation credits.
Please note that in such cases, the amount we refund you might be slightly lower than the amount you paid. This difference comes from the fact that we, as a company, deal exclusively in euro (EUR), so they happen due to currency conversion. These differences are very small and we are not responsible for them, so we cannot and will not issue additional refunds for them.
Privacy Information and GDPR