Sauter la navigation

Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe du WPML répond sur le forum 6 jours par semaine, 22 heures par jour.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum French. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Ce sujet contient 16 réponses, a 2 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par Nicolas Viallet Il y a 1 an et 10 mois.

Assisté par: Nicolas Viallet.

Auteur Articles
mai 11, 2022 à 12:01 pm #11198675

elieB-2

Bonjour,

When editing a page in WordPress frontend Divi builder is translated in chinese but it should use default website language (english) as indicated in URL:
lien caché

Thank you for the support,

screenshot_20220511_135851.png
mai 11, 2022 à 3:26 pm #11201135

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Les langues: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Fuseau horaire: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. My name is Nicolas and I will be happy to help you today.
Could you please give me more details about the issue. I'm not sure to fully understand. You are on the frontend on a Chinese page and when you edit it in the backend, your dashboard switch to Chinese? Or are you trying to edit the English version of a page but it opens the Chinese translation instead?

If you're talking about the language of your backend can you go to your profile and your language (by default it will be the set to site language but you can change it).

Nico

mai 15, 2022 à 8:06 am #11223617

elieB-2

As you can see of the screenshot I'm trying to edit an English page in English (see "lang=en" in URL) but the Divi interface is displayed in Chinese translation.

FYI, default site language is defined to English.
I already tried to change my profile language, but even if it's set to "Site Default" or "English" the backend Divi interface stays in Chinese.

mai 17, 2022 à 12:01 pm #11237661

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

As announced here: lien caché Divi should be able in your site default language.

- Go to "WPML > Languages" to make sure English is the default language.
- Check in "Dashboard > Updates" if you have any translations available (I'm not familiar with Divi but I know that WooCommerce and other plugins work that way)
- Make sure that in your Divi files you have the English .po file

Thanks,
Nico

mai 30, 2022 à 2:09 pm #11344849

elieB-2

I've contacted Divi support but they weren't able to find any bug from their part so they told me to see with you.

You can work on our staging site here:
lien caché

Thanks,

juin 1, 2022 à 1:47 pm #11363161

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I'm still working on your staging site. I tried to reset languages and set language information again and I can see that Chinese has been removed. Plus, when I go to "WPML > Languages" and save your languages, I have the following error "There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions."

Could you please provide me with the details of that error? Maybe it will give me some pointers.

Also, could you register a site key for that staging site.
- When you go to "WPML > Translation management" you will see a banner "Site Moved or Copied - Action Required"
- Select "This is a copy of my original site" and register a new Site Key (you can use a development site key)

Thanks,
Nico

juin 13, 2022 à 5:00 pm #11451853

elieB-2

Hello,
OK I did a fresh copy of our production site and I've registred WPML plugin as you asked but the bug is still there.
By the way when "WPML String Translation" plugin is deactivated the backend is displayed correctly in English.
Another clue: when changing the profile language from "Site Default" to "English" and saving it, the modification is not taken in count:
lien caché
Thanks for prompt help, it's kind of urgent

juin 14, 2022 à 5:05 pm #11460673

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the fresh copy. I tried many things:
- I re-uploaded Divi
- I re-uploaded WPML
But I noticed that some of WPML menu items where also in Chinese.
- I then went back to "WPML > Languages" and deleted the custom Chinese language and replace it by the pre-existing Chinese simplified
- I tried the troubleshooting options from WPML to delete ghost entries, reset languages and set again language information.

It seems to have worked! I'm aware that deleting your Chinese language might not be possible on your production site if you have translations already done.

Do you think we could try again on a fresh staging copy with only the last step:
- Go to "WPML > Support > Troubleshooting (link)"
- Click in that order: "Reset languages", "Set languages", "Remove ghost entries", "Clear the cache in WPML"

Thanks,
Nico

juin 15, 2022 à 3:16 pm #11468937

elieB-2

OK, I created a fresh copy and applied your steps but it did not solved the problem.
So I just did a new fresh copy if you want to try.
Thanks,

juin 15, 2022 à 4:33 pm #11469513

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Here is exactly what I did:
1) "WPML > Support > Troubleshooting". I checked the box and clicked the "Clear language information and repopulate languages" button (see screenshot).
2) I used the language switcher in the top admin bar to switch to "All languages"
3) I switched back to English with the same language switcher

As you can see the troubleshooting operation removed the Chinese language (that's the one causing problems as I mentioned earlier).

Nico

screenshot-2022.06.15-11_28_11.png
juin 16, 2022 à 9:59 am #11475295

elieB-2

Hello,
Thanks but it did not solved our problem, even with Chinese language removed (by the way it won't be possible to remove it on the production site), some parts of the backend (ACF and Divi) is still in Chinese as you can see on the 2 attached screenshots.
We need to find a solution urgently, you've been working on it since a while.
Thank you,

screenshot_20220616_115825.png
screenshot_20220616_115806.png
juin 16, 2022 à 5:18 pm #11479177

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I'm not sure how we can solve that without using the troubleshooting options (which removes the Chinese language responsible for that issue).

I will escalate your case to my colleagues from second tier support to see if they found a way to fix it directly in the database.
Please keep the credentials unchanged while we're investigating this.

I will get back to you once I have some feedback.

Thanks for your patience,
Nico

juin 17, 2022 à 5:17 pm #11486803

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I received some feedback from the second tier support.

1/ First I try a minimal setup:
I disabled any additional plugin that is not related to WooCommerce or WPML and its add-ons and switch to the default theme 2020.

2/ It seems that somehow you managed to use the default locale code zh_CN for your custom Chinese language. This locale code is already used by our pre-existing Traditional Chinese language. I tried to change it to only zh and then run again the troubleshooting options but the result is the same, the system delete automatically your custom language. I even tried to add our pre-existing Traditional Chinese language to see if the translation memory would work but you are using the classic editor and all the translations are empty.

I reported those results to the second tier team and I'm waiting to see if they have alternative solutions.

Nico

juin 20, 2022 à 1:48 pm #11500133

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please rollback your staging site to the previous version please. A colleague from the second tier wants to run further tests.

Please let me know when the site is ready.

Thanks,
Nico

juin 22, 2022 à 8:45 am #11517201

elieB-2

Hello, I just created a fresh copy for you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.