- Fix a compatibility issue with “AJAX load more” plugin
- Improved UI for Custom Post Types, Taxonomies and Custom fields in Translation Options or Multilingual Content Setup pages
- Fixed wrong locale for Thai language
- Included menu classes to the autoloader in order to resolve compatibility issues with iThemes Sync
- Added feedback and logging of failed attempts when downloading the remote configuration files for themes and plugins
- Implemented new feature allowing users to set a Post Type or a Taxonomy to display translations or fallback to original language if translations do not exist
- Language menu items are now added on wp_get_nav_menu_items instead of wp_nav_menu_objects
- Fixed issue showing translations with Pending Review status to non-logged in users
- Fixed a JS error on categories/tags admin page when ACF plugin is active.
- Fixed error when trying to get the post type of a non-existent post
- Removed unneeded file left behind from a git conflict
- Improved WPML Reset functionality
- Fixed error when language switcher is added in a menu containing no item
- Fixed issue with Previous and Next links not working properly in secondary languages when MemCached is configured
- Fixed link field in “Flip Box” module of Elementor Pro in order to make it translatable
- Fixed an issue with post tags when the same name is used in different languages
- Default locale failed to be set for some language
- Fixed a possible issue in WP 4.9 with “tax_query” in WP_Query
- Fixed an http protocol issue with language switcher assets
- Fixed issue with color picker in the Footer Language Switcher’s modal
- Fixed wrong redirection in post types containing posts that share same name
- Resolved JS conflict with 3rd party plugins in Appearance/Menus page
- Handle the hreflang (former Tag) as two letters code by default
- Stopped autoloading the heavy “wpml_config_index” and “wpml_config_index” wp_options
- Fixed action “wpml_make_post_duplicates” not duplicating custom fields of draft posts
- Updated browser redirection hook which enqueues scripts to wp_enqueue_scripts
- Resolved exception with “wpml_permalink” feature not returning the translated slug
- Fixed issue with requested language from HTTP_REFERRER
- Removed the deprecated function is_ajax()
- Fixed an error in the customizer when no menu exists.
- Fixed an issue when synchronizing custom menu links and the default language is not English.
- Fixed the language for the notice to promote the translation feedback
- Fixed an issue with get_terms and mixing translatable and non-translatable taxonomies.
- Fixed issue with .mo files for default language not being automatically downloaded
- Fixed issue with terms-meta not being copied over to translations.
- Wrong redirect to page when post with the same name in /%category%/%postname% permalinks
- Resolved exception with Custom Languages added in WPML returning the language code instead of the language tag
- Resolved exception with posts in secondary languages wrongly redirecting to the original ones when they have the same slug but they are not linked as translations
- Resolved exception with Page id when Home and Blog page have the same slug which was breaking compatibility with “infinite scrolling” of Jetpack
- Fixed an issue with post draft not listed when auto-saved only with heartbeat
Download and Update
You can get this release directly to the WordPress admin or download and install manually. To receive automatic updates, you need to register WPML on your site. Then, visit the Plugins or Updates admin pages. To download manually, visit your wpml.org account and go to Downloads. Follow the installation and upgrade instructions for complete details.
When you update WPML, be sure to update together all the components that you are using. Don’t use a mixture of new and older versions.
Feedback? Need Help?
We love feedback. To make a suggestion, ask a question or give an idea, leave your comment here. If you need technical support and help troubleshooting problems, please use our technical support forum.