- Added support for page builders (Visual Composer and Divi)
- Redesign of the language switcher (new admin UI, new API)
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Yoast redirections
- Fixed an issue with the browser redirection when using languages with regional variations (e.g. fr)
- Fixed multisite install compatibility issue with WP 4.6+ using sunrise
- On multisite, the main site settings are not altered anymore during sub-site setup
- Fixed a login redirection issue in sites with languages configured as domain
- Fixed a redirection issue Nginx servers with language configured as domain
- Fixed issue with cloning non object values for wp_query object.
- Fixed page template synchronization if template is set to default
- Removed Snoopy class and use WP_Http class instead.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with get_option(‘siteurl’) in sites with languages set as domain
- Fixed WPML_Backend_Request::get_ajax_request_lang
- Fixed SitePress::_sync_custom_field to handle serialized data.
- Removed the restriction of only English as default language when synchronizing WP menu
- Fixed issue in the WPML notice when adding posts from frontend
- Fixed issue when duplicating posts that have comments to be duplicated
- Fixed issue while dismissing admin notices from plugin that contains special chars in the title
- Fixed issue with setting static blog page when page is permanently deleted
- Fixed compatibility issue when using Google PageSpeed Tools in Apache or Nginx
- Prevent double ampersand encoding in language switcher URL
- Fixed issue where language information wasn’t saved when posts were created via AJAX call
- The language switcher in Twenty Sixteen’s footer was cut off
- The language switcher in Twenty Fifteen’s footer was partially hidden by the sidebar
- Changed the message style in Sync Field Functionality
- Added a warning about missing menu items when only one language is configured in the site
- Fixed a console error in translation basket when sending batches to an unsupported language
- Clear batch when rolling back to avoid duplicated jobs
- Add support to translating shortcode strings used by page builders.
- Improved usage of server’s resources when scanning themes or plugins for strings
- Improved page loading and memory consumption in Theme’s and Plugin’s localization page
- Fixed an issue when trying to register a string with 0 as name
- Fixed an issue in double registering of Multilingual Widget content
- Fixed an issue that was happening when you try to scan strings before completing the wizard. Now it is not allowed
- Fixed database error when running WPML reset
- Fixed an issue when importing large .po files
Download and Update
You can get this release directly to the WordPress admin or download and install manually. To receive automatic updates, you need to register WPML on your site. Then, visit the Plugins or Updates admin pages. To download manually, visit your wpml.org account and go to Downloads. Follow the installation and upgrade instructions for complete details.
When you update WPML, be sure to update together all the components that you are using. Don’t use a mixture of new and older versions.
Feedback? Need Help?
We love feedback. To make a suggestion, ask a question or give an idea, leave your comment here. If you need technical support and help troubleshooting problems, please use our technical support forum.