- Introduced the ability to expose custom fields in the REST API.
- Various usability improvements for custom field inputs with main focus on image fields. This includes better drag-and-drop functionality, uploading multiple files at once, and more.
- Fixed an issue where related posts were disconnected when they were trashed from the Related Content metabox (but still, trash all their translations). Also, we now hide trashed posts from the metabox and have improved wording and behavior of affected confirmation dialogs.
- Performance improvements: Various optimizations to reduce the number of database queries that run on every request (or every admin page request).
- Performance improvements: Implement a simple in-memory caching mechanism when working with field groups in order to prevent scaling issues with Relevanssi.
- We now hide the “My templates” post type from Elementor from the “Where to display this Field Group” dialog and from the Toolset Dashboard.
- We now preserve the default user’s settings for displayed metaboxes when saving a post type.
- Fixed an issue with custom field validation not working properly on the Add New post page, when the Block Editor is used.
- Fixed an issue with over-escaping description, title, placeholder and default value of custom fields.
- Fixed an issue where only the first Repeatable Field Group is imported when importing a Module that contains a Custom Field Group featuring multiple Repeatable Field Groups.
- Fixed an issue with missing quicktags in TinyMCE editors for WYSIWYG fields.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when trying to delete a custom field group while legacy post relationships are still being used.
- Fixed a PHP 7.3 compatibility issue.
- We now prevent creating an empty image cache directory when attempting to clear it while it does not exist yet.
- Fixed an issue where some excluded post types have been showing in the Edit Taxonomy page.
- We now display a notice about changing a relationship slug only when the value has actually been changed.
- Fixed a very old bug with data-dependent display condition for field groups that caused other conditions to be ignored.
- We now prevent a caching issue with SiteGround Optimizer that was preventing Repeatable Field Group titles from being saved.
- Fixed issues with inserting files in Repeatable Field Groups and repeatable fields in certain languages.
- Fixed issues with field validation in Repeatable Field Groups where an item was not being expanded on validation error, and newly added items not being validated until the post is saved.
- Fixed an issue where the Post Reference field validation was not triggered in the Block Editor.
- We now make sure that dangling intermediary posts are deleted after a many-to-many relationship is deleted.
- Fixed an issue when an imported module contains a Repeatable Field Group with different group name and slug.
- Provided a workaround for a Gutenberg bug that was causing problems when saving posts with metaboxes in rare cases. See https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/15367 for more information.
- Fixed an issue where unsaved input detection before switching a Repeatable Field Group was causing a collision with Avada and Revolution Slider.
- Fixed an issue when displaying read-only values of Repeatable Fields Groups and Post Reference fields in the admin.
- We now make sure that when deleting a custom field group with a Repeatable Field Group and converting it to a post relationship, the child post type with Repeatable Field Group items becomes public.
Download and Update
You can get this release directly to the WordPress admin or download and install manually. To receive automatic updates, you need to register WPML on your site. Then, visit the Plugins or Updates admin pages. To download manually, visit your wpml.org account and go to Downloads. Follow the installation and upgrade instructions for complete details.
When you update WPML, be sure to update together all the components that you are using. Don’t use a mixture of new and older versions.
Feedback? Need Help?
We love feedback. To make a suggestion, ask a question or give an idea, leave your comment here. If you need technical support and help troubleshooting problems, please use our technical support forum.