- Fixed some glitches for dropdown language switchers
- Fixed SitePress::get_term_adjust_id to retain the object_id if needed. Fixes missing WC product variations
- Fixed error on front-end when using WPML in Menus but with incomplete setup
- Fixed not saved settings when assigning a language switcher to a menu with a name in an encoded language (Hebrew, Chinese, …)
- Fixed some compatibility issues for language switcher in menus
- Fixed title sanitization when German (deDE) and Danish (daDA) languages are present
- Fixed path returned by get_home_path when in the second language and using languages in domains
- Fixed default locale for some affected languages
- Fixed domain in the content_url function to match the current domain URL
- Applied some changes in WPML cookies: wpml_referer_url will be set on WCML and _icl_current_language will be set only if user is logged in
- Fixed redirection from URL with no language directory to URL with default language directory (applies with root page setup)
- Fixed fatal error during WPML setup (step 2) if not possible to connect to WP translation
- Fixed retrieving gallery’s images after changing the default language
- Added page builder requirements message for Divi theme
- Fixed post relationship for Types plugin when saving posts
- Fixed issue where translations can get disconnected when editing a duplicate post
- Fixed issue where an auto-draft draft is being assigned as a translation
- Fixed issues for retrieving object terms in a language different than the request language (related to wp_get_object_terms)
- Fixed issue when updating any WPML user field from other user
- Fixed issue in WPML wizard language not matching site language on fresh install
- Fixed issue in user admin language when trying to set a language which is not an active WPML language
- WPML now scans for language switcher templates in the uploads folder
- Introduced a new generic shortcode for language switcher wpml_language_switcher
- Downloading and using wpml-config.xml for parent theme when available
- Removed Avada page builders integration.
- Resolved compatibility issues with ‘Twenty Seventeen` theme and translation of Theme Options
- Fixed issue with Enfold’s page builder and new string translation workflow
- Fixed issue with single sign-on when Object Cache is enabled using W3TC
- Resolved JS conflict with ACF Pro, affecting WYSIWYG fields
Several security fixes
- [wpmlcore-3913] Added wpml_duplicate_generic_string in some locations to replace deprecated icl_duplicate_generic_string
Download and Update
You can get this release directly to the WordPress admin or download and install manually. To receive automatic updates, you need to register WPML on your site. Then, visit the Plugins or Updates admin pages. To download manually, visit your wpml.org account and go to Downloads. Follow the installation and upgrade instructions for complete details.
When you update WPML, be sure to update together all the components that you are using. Don’t use a mixture of new and older versions.
Feedback? Need Help?
We love feedback. To make a suggestion, ask a question or give an idea, leave your comment here. If you need technical support and help troubleshooting problems, please use our technical support forum.