- Fixed an issue in the page builders integration which was translating non-translatable attributes whenever a translatable one shares the same attribute value
- Preserve URL query arguments in browser redirection
- Compatibility: Unblock MO files for “gutenberg” text domain.
- Created a Translation Management role
- Fixed an issue with the WPML metabox not being refreshed after a post is created with Gutenberg
- Changed language order from horizontal to vertical for the WPML Configuration Wizard and the WPML/Languages Add/Remove languages listing
- Implemented “copy-once” for Terms meta
- Fixed 500 page error caused by a WPML filter being called while WP is flushing rewrite rules
- Extend the filter hook wpml_permalink with a 3rd argument to have a full resolution of the URL.
- Fixed WP Menus Sync menu item being displayed before WPML wizard is completed
- Fix wpml Elementor page builder module to accept changes from tab module
- Added custom encoding/decoding for Visual Composer’s gallery and image carousel
- Fixed issue with Copying original content when Gutenberg is used
- Fixed a performance hit when saving the translation editor with a lot of page builder fields.
- Removed the “Translation of” dropdown when creating a new post
- Fixed JS errors when adding a post translation in a Gutenberg page
- Fixed errors when adding translations to Gutenberg pages
- Fixed untranslated URL in Yoast preview admin section
- Fixed a column length issue preventing from setting the language for page builder packages
- Fixed issue with blank entries in Yoast SEO Sitemaps when a language is set as hidden
- Fixed wrong category being assigned to a page builder translated post
- Fixed issue when redirecting untranslated pages with similar slugs
- Fixed compatibility issue with WordPress 3.9.x or before
- Fixed wrong redirection when accessing URL without language parameter
- Added encoding condition attribute in wpml-config.xml file in order to conditionally encode a field
- Added languages label in screen options meta box
- Fixed a wrong term edit link in the admin language switcher.
- Fixed issue when using single sign-on having many languages
- Fixed the list view of Media when display-as-translated is enabled for Attachments
- Fixed issue with Ajax calls not returning results for post types set to be displayed as if translated
- Fixed issue with wrong links pointing to domains when domain mapping is used in a network site
- Fixed malformed REST URL when using language as parameter
- Fixed the term links on the admin with a secondary language when the taxonomy is displayed as translated.
- Added informational notice appearing when changing the default language while the option to “use translation if available or fallback to default language” is enabled
- Resolved an exception allowing the same domains to be used in sub-sites when using Multisites and inc/tools/sunrise.php
- Fixed some admin language issues during WPML setup.
- Fixed the sample permalink in secondary language on the post edit screen.
- Guess the user language when the locale is not matching in icl_languages.
- Fixed the language switcher when the query_vars has more than one post type
- Removed usage of the deprecated PHP function each() for compatibility with PHP 7.2
- Fixed some issues with the trailing slash when a URL is converted
- Fixed issue with translated term slugs being wrongly auto-filled in Taxonomy translation page with encoded values
- Fixed issue with Sticky posts not being listed in admin when filtering posts by “All Languages”
Download and Update
You can get this release directly to the WordPress admin or download and install manually. To receive automatic updates, you need to register WPML on your site. Then, visit the Plugins or Updates admin pages. To download manually, visit your wpml.org account and go to Downloads. Follow the installation and upgrade instructions for complete details.
When you update WPML, be sure to update together all the components that you are using. Don’t use a mixture of new and older versions.
Feedback? Need Help?
We love feedback. To make a suggestion, ask a question or give an idea, leave your comment here. If you need technical support and help troubleshooting problems, please use our technical support forum.