- Fixed a compatibility issue with “AJAX load more” plugin
- Improved UI for Custom Post Types, Taxonomies and Custom fields in Translation Options and Multilingual Content Setup pages
- Fixed wrong locale for Thai language
- Included menu classes to the autoloader in order to resolve compatibility issues with iThemes Sync
- Added feedback and logging of failed attempts when downloading the remote configuration files for themes and plugins
- Implemented new feature allowing users to set a Post Type or a Taxonomy to display translations or fallback to original language if translations do not exist
- Language menu items are now added to wp_get_nav_menu_items instead of wp_nav_menu_objects
- Fixed an error when trying to get the post type of a non-existent post
- Fixed an issue with Previous and Next links not working properly in secondary languages when MemCached is configured
- Removed an unnecessary file left behind from a Git conflict
- Improved WPML Reset functionality
- Fixed an error when language switcher is added in a menu containing no items
- Fixed a link field in “Flip Box” module of Elementor Pro in order to make it translatable
- Fixed an issue with post tags when the same name is used in different languages
- Fixed wrong redirection in post types containing posts that share same name
- Handle the hreflang (former Tag) as two letters code by default
- Stopped autoloading the heavy “wpml_config_index” and “wpml_config_index” wp_options
- Fixed the “wpml_make_post_duplicates” action not duplicating custom fields of draft posts
- Updated the browser redirection hook which enqueues scripts to wp_enqueue_scripts
- Resolved an exception with “wpml_permalink” feature not returning the translated slug
- Removed the deprecated function is_ajax()
- Fixed an error in the customizer when no menu exists.
- Fixed the language for the notice to promote the translation feedback
- Fixed an issue with .mo files for default language not being automatically downloaded
- Fixed a wrong redirect to page when post with the same name in /%category%/%postname% permalinks
- Resolved an exception with Custom Languages added in WPML returning the language code instead of the language tag
- Resolved an exception with posts in secondary languages wrongly redirecting to the original ones when they have the same slug but they are not linked as translations
- Resolved an exception with Page id when Home and Blog page have the same slug which was breaking compatibility with “infinite scrolling” of Jetpack
- Fixed an issue with post draft not listed when auto-saved only with heartbeat
Download and Update
You can get this release directly to the WordPress admin or download and install manually. To receive automatic updates, you need to register WPML on your site. Then, visit the Plugins or Updates admin pages. To download manually, visit your wpml.org account and go to Downloads. Follow the installation and upgrade instructions for complete details.
When you update WPML, be sure to update together all the components that you are using. Don’t use a mixture of new and older versions.
Feedback? Need Help?
We love feedback. To make a suggestion, ask a question or give an idea, leave your comment here. If you need technical support and help troubleshooting problems, please use our technical support forum.