Navigation überspringen

Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML – das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team antwortet im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im German-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Unterstützt die Zeitzone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Schlagwörter: 

Dieses Thema enthält 9 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Lucas Vidal de Andrade Vor 1 Tag, 3 Stunden.

Assistiert von: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Verfasser Beiträge
September 26, 2024 unter 1:09 pm #16225349

carinaJ

Hintergrund des Themas:
We have a problem with WPML on a copy of a website. We deleted and reinstalled WPML. The default language here should be 'English' and not 'German.'

Die Symptome:
The default language is set to 'German' instead of 'English.'

Fragen:
How can we change the default setting to 'English'?
How can we deactivate German?

September 26, 2024 unter 2:54 pm #16226152

carinaJ

Hi,

there is now a staging environment.

[removed by support]

How do we proceed here now?

Thanks & regards
Carina

September 26, 2024 unter 3:48 pm #16226374

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Deutsch (Deutsch ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Zeitzone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Please don't share your credentials publicly. I've already deleted them, but it's essential that you either exclude the user you shared or set a new password to it.

At the moment, I do not need access to a staging environment. Please follow the steps I sent last in the chat:

"Please test, when changing the default language to EN, to transfer the content that WPML recognizes to be in German to EN. Let me know."

As I said, it seems that, due to your previous settings, WPML is recognizing the present content as German.

September 26, 2024 unter 4:04 pm #16226682

carinaJ

Hello!

Here the field for the login data was no longer visible. That's why I wrote it in the ticket.

I thought we were doing this together? I have carried out the steps now. Same problem again. All content is gone and the WordPress language is German.

Here is a video of my steps.
versteckter Link

Now it's the same situation again.
- All pages and posts in English have disappeared.
- WordPress settings language is German.
- When you start the website you get to /de - versteckter Link

See screenshots.

Please share the login details form and look at the bug. We have created a staging environment specifically.

Thanks & regards

Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
September 26, 2024 unter 5:39 pm #16227030

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Deutsch (Deutsch ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your results.

Let me take a look at the staging version then. I've enabled the private fields, so you can share your credentials safely.

September 26, 2024 unter 6:22 pm #16227154

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing access. So, I could confirm what went on. The content you created while WPML was deactivated was recognized by WPML as German content, likely due to the way it was configured before.

Unfortunately, after doing some research, I found that there's no way to bulk change the language. The steps would be to activate German as a secondary language (EN is already the default), visit the pages/posts tab in DE and manually change them one by one. You have to open the post and change the language in the sidebar (check image).

I'll reach out to our development team, first to notify them about this issue and to see if they have a workaround. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from them.

Edit Post _Mehrere Jobs _ Vorlage kurz_ _ Van Oys Careers _ WordPress.jpeg
September 27, 2024 unter 5:53 am #16228077

carinaJ

Hi,

That's not a solution either, because here's the next bug.

Even if I manually transfer the content to English and then deactivate German, the WordPress settings language is still German.

When you go to the website, the user is redirected to /de.

Regards
Carina

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
September 27, 2024 unter 12:43 pm #16229869

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Hey there,

As I already said in our chat, the WP configurations don't matter here, they'll always be overwritten by WPML. That is likely happening because the page that was set to the home page before, is now set to be in German.

I changed all pages to EN, following the steps I shared previously and the homepage is working as expected.

To be honest, the quickest solution here would be to manually change all the content. I know this takes some work, so if you wish, I can do that for you in your live website. It only took me a few minutes to update the pages languages. Let me know.

September 27, 2024 unter 12:52 pm #16229918

carinaJ

Hello!
Thanks! But German is still mentioned here. This is not a safe solution for us, so that no further bugs will appear here in the future. Is that the only option? What does your development team say?
Regards
Carina

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
September 27, 2024 unter 1:51 pm #16230101

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

I understood what you wish to achieve: you want your website to have only EN activated and Dutch in the future. I temporarily activated the German language, so I could transfer the content to EN. Sorry I didn't deactivate it.

Please make a full website backup and share the credentials to your live website, if you agree that I fix it for you. I'm insisting on that because it's likely that our devs will take a few days, perhaps weeks, to come up with a solution and will recommend me to fix it myself meanwhile.