Navigation überspringen

Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML – das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team antwortet im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im German-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Unterstützt die Zeitzone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dieses Thema enthält 6 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Mateus Getulio Vor 1 Monat, 2 Wochen.

Assistiert von: Mateus Getulio.

Verfasser Beiträge
August 14, 2024 unter 2:17 pm #16070781

jonasS-26

Hintergrund des Themas:
When I create a product, the translation editor doesn't open by clicking the +. Instead, the page builder opens.

Die Symptome:
Translation Editor is not working properly. I allready activate products in presets.

Fragen:
Why is the translation editor not opening when I click the + / arrow-circle?
How can I fix the issue where the page builder opens instead of the translation editor for products?

August 14, 2024 unter 7:21 pm #16072333

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Zeitzone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Jonas,

Can you please try to follow these steps in order to fix this issue?

- Go to Products and edit any product in the main language
- In the right bar look for the 'Language' section and click on 'WPML Translation Editor' available within 'Translate this Document'
- Mark the option 'All Products' and click on apply

Please check the screenshots for further reference.

After that, please try to click on the + icon again and check if you'll be directed to the Advanced Translation Editor.

If the issue persists, it is possible that you have an ACF field group assigned to the post type Products that is set up with the translation method 'Different fields across languages'. When this method is selected, the default behavior to any post type containing that field group is to open the WordPress editor when you add a new translation. You'd need to change the field group(s) and set them to 'Same field across languages' or the 'Expert' mode in order for you to be able to translate it using the WPML Advanced Translation Editor.

Please check this documentation as well.

Thank you, please let us know.
Mateus

August 15, 2024 unter 9:24 am #16073715

jonasS-26

Hallo Mateus,

is it possible that you check my setting in the backend?

I also have problems with String Translation, it looks like i have assigned the wrong Language for some strings, but i dont know how to correct this.

Now I have Mixed German and English content, maybe you can help me out.

Kind regards

Matthias

2024-08-15 11_24_04-Window.png
2024-08-15 11_22_32-Window.png
August 15, 2024 unter 11:49 am #16074195

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Matthias,

For changing the language of the strings you can select them in the String Translation screen and assign a different language at the bottom of the table.

Or you can change the language of an entire string domain at once. You'll see a link 'Language of domains' at the top of the table, click on it, select the domain in question and you'll be able to change the language of all strings from that domain in one step.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works, if you're still facing issues, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: versteckter Link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 15, 2024 unter 5:26 pm #16075632

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access.

I checked it and the English home page was missing a few texts inside the Advanced Translation Editor(ATE). I followed these steps to add those texts to ATE:

- Edit the German page and look for the page ID in the URL, it was 44
- Go to WPML -> Packages, locate the package ID of the home page(ID 44), select the package and remove it
- Make a minor change to the German home page(add an empty space) and save it
- Go to WPML -> Translation Management and send the home page for translation again assigning it to yourself

After that, when I edited the English translation I was able to see the rest of the text in there already translated and when I saved it the issue seems to have been fixed on the front end as well, please test it now.

Regarding the issue with adding translations to products, I tested it with old products and with a test product I created as a draft and by clicking on the + icon or the pencil icon I'm redirected to the translation editor: versteckter Link

August 16, 2024 unter 10:30 am #16077932

jonasS-26

Hey Mateus,

thanxs a lot, great job!

The only thing that appears in the wrong language is the Footerform.
I followed the steps in your walkthrough but can't find the strings to translate.
In English and French appears the German Form.

Could you please have an Eye on it?

Kind Regards

Matthias

Footer-Form.png
August 16, 2024 unter 8:12 pm #16079256

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Matthias,

I've looked into this and so far I couldn't figure out why the fields are not available for translation in ATE.

I was able to find a workaround, can you please check if the following steps work for you?

- Please go to Avada > Forms and edit 'Newsletterformular' or simply access versteckter Link
- Switch to English in the admin top bar or access: versteckter Link
- If you see a warning click on I understand - continue editing
- Translate the fields directly in the WordPress editor and save it
- Repeat the same process for the French form

I tested it with a single field 'Vorname' translated its label to 'First name' in English and it seems to have worked.

Thank you, please let us know.
Mateus

Das Thema '[Geschlossen] Translation Editor is not working properly' ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.