Sometimes, you might have a lot of taxonomy terms to translate. For example, you might be running an established blog, a content-heavy site or an e-commerce store. In this case, you could find yourself with far too many taxonomies to translate one by one. Luckily, there’s a simple way to translate all taxonomy terms at once.
- Start by creating all your taxonomies in the site’s default language.
- Create a temporary page or post, depending on what post type uses the taxonomy you want to translate. You won’t publish this temporary page, so leave the main content empty.
- Assign all the taxonomy terms you want to translate to this temporary post.
- Go to the WPML -> Translation Management page, find and select the post you just created, select the languages you want to translate into and click to send it to the Translation Basket.
- Finally, go to the Translation Basket tab, select the translator, and click to send the basket for translation.
When translators receive this job, they will see all the taxonomy terms as fields to translate.
After the translation is done, you can delete your temporary post.