Navigation überspringen

Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML – das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team antwortet im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im German-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 7:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 13:00 – 16:00 -

Unterstützt die Zeitzone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Schlagwörter: 

Dieses Thema enthält 4 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Lucas Vidal de Andrade Vor 1 Woche, 2 Tage.

Assistiert von: Lucas Vidal de Andrade.

Verfasser Beiträge
September 19, 2024 unter 12:15 pm

tinaT-5

Background of the issue:
Hi,
I need your support, I have translated the whole site and have difficulties with the post template page.
versteckter Link
The template for the post pages is translated correct and existes. But I cannot assign it to the english version. Or if I assign it, it does not change fron German to English. It still remains the German template also for the english pages.

In Jupiter X I tried several ways, no one works:
1) Jupiter X > Layout Builder > Single > switch to english Language > Choose english template for Posts = does not work
2) Design > Customizer > Blog > Single Blog > individual mode > assigne of one Template is possible (if I am on the German version, the German named Template for the Blog is there, if I am on the english Version of the site, only the english Version of the Template is there to be choosen). When choosing one of the possible Templates, it changes for both languages, German AND Englsih.

Can you please help to just translate the words "Vorheriger Beitrag" = "Previous Post" / Nächster Beitrag = Next Post, "Alle Beiträge" = All Posts" etc ....

Thank you
Eva

Symptoms:

Questions:

September 19, 2024 unter 1:18 pm
September 19, 2024 unter 1:27 pm #16199059

tinaT-5

Hi Lucas,
thank you for your help so far,

please write also to me, if possible, eva@storz.de

My collegue tina@storz.de is on holiday 🙂

Kind regards, Eva

September 19, 2024 unter 7:03 pm #16200625

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Deutsch (Deutsch ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Zeitzone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Unfortunately, we don't have the option to change that from our side. If you wish, you can update the contact information temporarily, so notifications can also be received under your desired e-mail.

I tested your website in a copy, and noticed that the issue does not happen, when I activate the parent Jupiter X theme. That indicates that the issue is coming from a custom code inside your child-theme.

Since this issue was not created by WPML, I recommend you reach out to the child-theme developer, to see how the elements were created and are being called.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 16.01.01.jpg
September 24, 2024 unter 2:29 pm #16215559

tinaT-5

Hi Lucas,
thank you for your help.
I tested it and you are right. When I use the standard theme and not the child theme the words are translated. So I asked the Jupiter X support and also downloaded the latest child theme and installed it. No results.

The support wrote:
"Was the WPML team able to provide any insights into why these translations aren't taking effect on the child theme? Child themes typically serve as empty vessels for custom code, while the entire translation process is managed by WPML. Unfortunately, I don't have detailed knowledge of how WPML operates or why the child theme might be disrupting the detection of translations.

We recently completed a full compatibility check in collaboration with the WPML team, ensuring that JupiterX is fully compatible with WPML. If there are any specific requirements or issues we're missing, please let me know."

Hm. I do not want to switch to the regular theme and prefer to use the child theme.

Perhaps you could try to figuere it out and provide a solution for this issue?
This would be great.

Thank you very mauch,
kind regards
Eva

September 24, 2024 unter 4:51 pm #16216801

Lucas Vidal de Andrade
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español ) Deutsch (Deutsch ) Portugiesisch, Brasilien (Português )

Zeitzone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Eva,

If the child theme is empty, there should be no changes in how WPML works. Do you intend to use any custom code? If not, there's no necessity on using a child theme. I'm saying that because we cannot guarantee compatibility on child themes, as we work specifically on parent themes, with theme developers.

Before analyzing the specifics, can you please try recreating your child theme using a plugin? It's usually more reliable, depending on how it was created previously.