This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 10:56 am #4567679

shefaliP

I have two site map using yoast one for English and one for Hindi. But here on Hindi it cosist all english page and post links.

hidden link

September 13, 2019 at 10:01 pm #4570915

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. When you are using the URL format by directory or by parameter, it is expected that the same sitemap will display all links in both languages.

To have a sitemap for each language, you would need to have the URL format set to domain (one domain per language). You can see more in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/#translate-sitemaps

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

September 14, 2019 at 9:51 am #4572483

shefaliP

Hi but i don't have 2 domains,
I have like this.English and hindi
hidden link
hidden link

September 16, 2019 at 10:23 pm #4584425

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

The domain is the same: florafountain.com. For this reason, the same sitemap is used for both domains.

Within this sitemap are both languages - pages, posts, categories, etc. Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

September 17, 2019 at 5:11 am #4585613

shefaliP

so what is the way to isolate and create different 2 sitemaps, we have already set up both languages.

September 17, 2019 at 9:41 pm #4591125

Bruno
Supporter

To have two isolated sitemaps, you would need to have two different domains: site- english.com and site-hindi.com.

Using the same domain, both sitemaps will appear together - and this has no problem. Google and other search engines will be able to access and use these URLs as normal.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.