This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by jayP-3 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 9:58 am #4486137

jayP-3

I am trying to: Edit language variants of pages without the side-by-side translation manager

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Translation Management page

I expected to see: The ability to edit each language variant of a page/post as a normal page/post, with no custom translation UI

Instead, I got: Error messages:
"Warning: You are trying to edit a translation that is currently in the process of being added using WPML.

Please refer to the Translation Management dashboard for the exact status of this translation."

Our site uses a custom theme and was developed with WPML default functionality in mind. I'm not sure how the translation management got switched on but it broke our most important page when it did and I have had to temporarily disable our language selector.

Could you please advise as to how we can disable this feature entirely? The multi-language variants of posts and pages are not handled by technical people, they have been trained on how to provide translations by using the "+" and "Duplicate" buttons on the WP posts/pages. They have not been trained on using the translation manager.

Thank you!

The topic ‘[Closed] Disable translation management’ is closed to new replies.