Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 26, 2017 at 5:14 pm #1239737

kamalpreetS

I'm trying to translate my posts and once I do so it doesn't translate accordingly. When doing so, I create a post in Canada then click the "+" and go to United States. Once completed, both posts aren't connected through translations and it results in linking problems and href lang problems.

I have to manually go and connect both translations afterwards which is a pain. Let me know what the issue is.

Thanks!

March 28, 2017 at 2:39 am #1240813

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please try increasing the WP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Next, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

The topic ‘[Closed] Posts Not Translating’ is closed to new replies.