This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: 1. in top of page display a header "BLOG". why? it is not in original greek page. 2. the english translation page is NOT full width page. why ??? Solution: The title or the width are controlled by the Page Options section. Just set WPML to copy the value of these custom fields and save the changes.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 9:30 pm #3820327

harisH-2

hello.
my site is meltemi-nearoda.gr
i have a big problem
if you see original greek language page : hidden link is ok.
If you see the translate home page : hidden link has problems :
1. in top of page display a header "BLOG". why? it is not in original greek page.
2. the english translation page is NOT full width page. why ???
3. In the middle of page i have 6 rooms. in translate version NOT see the rooms. why ?

Thanks

can you help me ? solve the problem and tell me the problem please?

Redards,

Haris

May 16, 2019 at 8:33 am #3823271

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Haris,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

It took me a bit to understand all the options for the homepage but once I found that the title or the width are controlled by the Page Options section, I set WPML to copy their value on the translation page. Now, can you check the translation of the homepage and tell me if it looks the way you wanted, please?

Thanks,
Radu

May 16, 2019 at 9:32 am #3823875

harisH-2

Thanks my friend for your EXCELLENT support!!!
You solve my problem.
Can you tell me from which menu you fix it , because i want to know for other site future issue.

One more thing, if you know. In original home page (greek language) in the middle it display the "rooms, acommontation listing". In english version say "No rooms have been added yet".
Do you know from which menu i can translate the "rooms" or an option which If something is not translate to see in original language?

Thanks my friend again for your excellent help!!

May 16, 2019 at 11:17 am #3825337

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Haris,

I'm glad I could help! The change was pretty simple. I just edited the homepage in the original language, scrolled down, and set all the custom fields to Copy. You can check the attached screenshot to see exactly what's the section that I'm talking about.

Regarding the new question, I checked the accommodations on your website (hidden link) and I could see that you have none of them in English. You can start adding them in this language too and everything should appear automatically on the English version of the homepage too.

We are trying to keep each ticket with just one topic on it so, since we managed to take care of your initial request, I'll mark this as resolved. If you still need help with the accommodations from the homepage, just simply open a new ticket and we'll take care of it.

Regards,
Radu