This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 17, 2019 at 3:25 pm #4410353

XIAO XIA

ok. i got your response
and did it according to your request

hope the problem will be solved soon.

by the way, it notice "Some taxonomy terms are out of sync between languages. This means that content in some languages will not have the correct tags or categories.

In order to synchronize the taxonomies, you need to go over each of them from the following list and click the "Update taxonomy hierarchy" button."

should i do something?

August 17, 2019 at 5:21 pm #4410465

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

WPML>>Taxonomy Translation page is showing as blank now. Please check the attached images.

Have you tried the Troubleshooting steps from WPML>>Support>>Troubleshooting pages(the steps recommended in the previous thread)?

Please try the following steps after a site backup and make sure you are still getting the *Some taxonomy terms are out of sync between languages* warning or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Taxonomy Translation page
2) Choose *Categories*
3) Click on *Hierarchy Synchronization* tab
4) Click on *Update Taxonomy Hierarchy* tab

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 18, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4412299

XIAO XIA

yes, the problem is solved now

August 19, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4415817

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Happy to know the warning issue is resolved now. WPML>>Taxonomy Translation page is still showing as blank now. So please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information) for tracking the issue.

Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 22, 2019 at 4:58 am #4436313

XIAO XIA

it's 200MB
how to put all these code here?

by the way, i modified the code in wp-config file
but i got notice for the UpdraftPlus backup plugin.

Warning: Your WordPress installation has a problem with outputting extra whitespace. This can corrupt backups that you download from here. Follow this link for more information

Warning: The files /home/airlessp/public_html/wp-config.php, /home/airlessp/public_html/wp-content/themes/dp/functions.php have a "byte order mark" (BOM) at their beginning

ONE MORE QUESTION is below
These plugins are known to have compatibiliy issues with WPML:
wp-no-category-base/no-category-base.php

August 22, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4440991

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. These warnings are not related to WPML exactly. So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

Please note, *WP No Category Base* plugin is not listed on the WPML compatibility list for the Plugins - https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility. It does not mean that this plugin is not compatible with WPML, but our compatibility team has not tested it yet. I can't find any issues related to this plugin exactly.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 23, 2019 at 1:52 am #4443297

XIAO XIA

ok. forget the plugin compatibility.
you didn't confirm to us what to do now for this.

it's 200MB
how to put all these code here?

by the way, i modified the code in wp-config file
but i got notice for the UpdraftPlus backup plugin.

Warning: Your WordPress installation has a problem with outputting extra whitespace. This can corrupt backups that you download from here. Follow this link for more information

Warning: The files /home/airlessp/public_html/wp-config.php, /home/airlessp/public_html/wp-content/themes/dp/functions.php have a "byte order mark" (BOM) at their beginning

August 23, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4448041

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It requires more checking. Therefore to debug the issue without affecting your live site please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 26, 2019 at 4:41 am #4455939

XIAO XIA

ok

August 26, 2019 at 5:25 pm #4460499

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I am getting the following warning while trying to make a Package. Please check.

Warning: You have less than 35 MB of free disk space on the disk which UpdraftPlus is configured to use to create backups. UpdraftPlus could well run out of space. Contact your the operator of your server (e.g. your web hosting company) to resolve this issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 29, 2019 at 1:52 am #4477087

XIAO XIA

we're migrating the hosting to another company
so let's wait 2 more days to get it done

August 29, 2019 at 8:47 am #4478805

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Take your time. We will wait for your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Some taxonomy terms are out of sync between languages’ is closed to new replies.