Navigation überspringen

Dieses Thema ist gelöst. Hier finden Sie eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
The client's site was showing as non-registered and after re-registering, they noticed that content changes on their German site were being automatically translated to English. The client wanted to ensure that these automatic translations were cost-free or learn how to manage translations themselves to avoid costs.

Solution:
We explained that with the "Translate Everything Automatically" mode enabled, all content would be automatically translated, including any modifications made in the default language. As the client holds a Multilingual Agency subscription, they have 180,000 free credits, of which 59,699 are currently available for their site. These credits are used for automatic content translation.

For more information on Free Translation Credits, we provided a link: https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/#try-automatic-translation-for-free

Once the free credits are used up, the client would need to deposit more credits or enable a Pay-as-you-go subscription to continue using the Automatic Translation feature. If the client prefers manual translation, they should ensure that "Translate What You Choose" is selected under "WPML > Settings". If automatic translations are still occurring, they can undo translations in the Translation Editor, where the credits will be refunded. We provided a screenshot for guidance: https://tinyurl.com/ywceqft9

To undo a translation, the client can open the Translation Editor by clicking on the pencil/update icon and then click on "Undo Translation". The Undo button will be visible if the "Translate What You Choose" option is active and the content was automatically translated after manually accessing the Editor. We provided additional screenshots for clarity:

If the provided solution is not relevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly suggest checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us in the WPML support forum: https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/

Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML – das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team antwortet im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im German-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Schlagwörter: 

Dieses Thema enthält 5 Antworten, hat 2 Stimmen.

Zuletzt aktualisiert von Prosenjit Barman Vor 1 Monat, 3 Wochen.

Assistiert von: Prosenjit Barman.

Verfasser Beiträge
März 5, 2024 unter 5:46 pm #15375993

marleneK-4

Hi Team,
recently I had a problem for my site has been shown as non registered.
Now it's registered again and I just remarked that content changings on my german site has been automatically translated to english.
As I don't want to produce costs I just want to be sure that this automatic translations are cost free. Or if not how to change it to translations that I manage myself to save costs.
Thank you and kind regards,
Marlene

März 6, 2024 unter 10:54 am #15378519

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English )

Zeitzone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Marlene,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand your concern. When the Translation mode is configured to "Translate Everything Automatically," it is expected that all content on your site will be translated automatically. This includes any modifications made in the default language; the Automatic Translation feature is designed to update these translations automatically.

As a holder of the Multilingual Agency subscription, you were allocated 180,000 free credits, and according to our subscription management system, 59,699 of these credits are currently designated for use on your site. As a result, the free credits added through your WPML subscription will be used for automatic content translation.

For more details on the Free Translation Credits, please refer to the following link: https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/#try-automatic-translation-for-free

Once all the credits have been used, you'll need to deposit credits or enable a Pay-as-you-go- subscription to use the Automatic translation feature.

However, if you prefer not to translate the contents automatically, you can navigate to "WPML > Settings" and adjust the translation mode to "Translate What You Choose." If it is set already and you're still getting charged for Automatic Translation, you can open the Translation editor and Undo the translation. Please check this screenshot: versteckter Link

In this way, the credits will be refunded, and you can translate the contents manually as you want.

I hope the information above helps. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

März 7, 2024 unter 8:39 am #15382687

marleneK-4

Hello Prosenjit,
thank you very much for your explanations that are very helpful.

Just checked the Settings at "WPML > Settings" and saw that the "Translate What You Choose." is already activated. So it's not clear, why the content changings are translated automatically. Are there additional settings that have to be made?

There's no need to undo what's already made, but anyway where to I open the Translation editor to undo translations (for future cases).

Thank you a lot and kind regards, Marlene

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-07 um 09.28.57.png
März 7, 2024 unter 9:15 am #15382837

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Marlene,
Thank you for the update.

When the "Translate What You Choose" option is selected, content should only be translated automatically when you manually click on the Update icon(Screenshot: versteckter Link) to update the translation or click the "+" icon to Add translation. Unlike the "Translate Everything Automatically" mode, translations should not be comprehensively updated without your initiation.

To undo the translation, you can open the translation editor by clicking on the pencil/update icon(Screenshot: versteckter Link) and from the Translation editor, click on "Undo Translation", as shown in this screenshot: versteckter Link

Please note that the Undo button will only become visible if the "Translate What You Choose" option is activated and the content is automatically translated after you manually access the Editor.

I hope you can understand. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

März 7, 2024 unter 10:16 am #15383305

marleneK-4

Hello Prosenjit,
thank you, I will have a closer look at it.

Until then kind regards,
Marlene

März 8, 2024 unter 7:00 am #15387352

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello Marlene,

You're welcome! Take your time to review it, and if you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out. I will be happy to help.

Best wishes and have a nice weekend!
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.