Lou-Tec is the largest rental company of heavy machinery, equipment and tools in the construction, renovation and maintenance areas for commercial, industrial, institutional and residential services in Quebec.
Founded in 1979, Lou-Tec operates the largest rental network centers east side of the country with branches operated by owner-members under various banners: Lou-Tec, Lou-Tec Industrial and Lou-Tec Express.
They are a Canadian business and needed a multilingual website to serve the population that speaks both English and French languages.https://www.loutec.com/en/
How to build a multilingual directory website with Toolset and WPML
To build a site like this with Toolset you will need to:
- Set up custom post types, fields and taxonomies with Types
- Display your items on the front end with Views
- Create front end forms so users can add and edit items using Forms
- Create an account page and charge for content submission and membership with Toolset Forms Commerce
You can find more details on each step within our guide to building directory websites. Also check out our guide to creating a multilingual real estate site with Toolset and WPML.
To translate your directory site with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your listings (custom post types) and listing categories (taxonomies)
- Translate other site content such as custom fields, images and URLs
- Duplicate and translate any ads submitted on the front end
- Translate strings
If you are assigning translations
You will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.
You can find out more information on the most important steps on our how to develop multilingual directory websites guide.