This is a Wordpress website based on a custom theme.
Wombat's is just more than a hostel chain. They have built an opportunity for friendly gatherings in affordable accommodation, a travel community that comes together to share stories of exploration and not just share a living space for a few nights.
More than 300.000 travelers pass through our Wombat’s City Hostels in Budapest, London, Munich, Venice and Vienna every year.
The Wombat's website consists of five main location pages and the front page. Based on the underlying page Template the menu can vary.
For multilingualism, the Wordpress Plugin WPML is used. The website is using four languages, English as default, German, Spanish and Italian.
A strongly used feature of the plugin are string translations which allow us to translate domain-based hardcoded strings.
How to build a multilingual blog with Toolset
To build a blog with Toolset you will need to:
- Create custom post types to create sections for your website (showcase, testimonials, projects)
- Add custom fields so it’s easy to add the same required information for each post
- Display your blog posts and search results on the front end with Views
- Design your blog pages using Layouts
To translate your blog with WPML you will need to:
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages, posts and custom post types
- Translate other site content such as custom fields, images and URLs
- Translate strings
If you are assigning translations
You will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.
You can find more details on each step within our guide on how to translate a WordPress website.