All new WPML Multilingual CMS and Agency accounts come with a package of automatic translation credits already included. To use these credits, you first need to assign or transfer them to the sites you want to use them on.
As a WPML account owner, you can readily allocate automatic translation credits to:
- Your registered sites, allowing you to see for yourself how automatic translation works and which workflow is right for you.
- A copy of an original site that is being used for testing or debugging purposes. If you don’t want to share translation credits with the original site, you can assign a separate set of translation credits to the copy of your site.
On This Page:
- How to Assign Automatic Translation Credits
- How to Remove Credits from a Site
- How to Remove Credits from a Site You Can’t Access
You cannot add prepaid credits to sites that already use pay-as-you-go.
You can assign credits to a site when you register it, or by logging in to your WPML.org account.
You can assign credits, buy credits, or even reallocate credits you already assigned but haven’t used yet. Once you have assigned credits to your sites, you can begin or continue translating as normal.
You can remove credits following the same process you used to assign them.
- Go to your WPML Account.
- Find the site and click Add/remove credits.
- Click Remove credits and enter the number of credits.
- Click Remove credits to complete.
If you need to remove credits that have been assigned to a site that shares credits with other sites, the process is a bit different:
- On your site, go to WPML → Translation Management and click the Tools tab.
- Click Settings and expand the setting to Transfer credits to WPML.org.
- Enter the number of credits you want to transfer. These credits are available immediately in your WPML account to use on other sites.
If you no longer have access to a site, you can delete the site key to return the credits to your WPML.org account.
To do this:
- Log in to your WPML.org account.
- From the left sidebar, go to Register WPML on your sites.
- Click the trash icon next to the site you want to delete the site key for. In the popup that appears, confirm the action.
You should immediately see the credits available on your main WPML.org account page. You can assign them to other sites as needed.