WPML’s pricing for automatic translation is affordable for websites of any size and language. Whether it’s a one-page website or an enterprise site with millions of words, automatic translation will save you time and money.
Automatic translation pricing is based on the actual number of words you have used each month, which means if you haven’t translated any words, you won’t be charged! On top of that, WPML starts you off each month with free credits. Keep reading to see how it works.
WPML starts you off each month with 2,000 free credits to translate your site. To claim your 2,000 credits, sign up for an automatic translation account by going to WPML → Translation Management and clicking the Translation Tools tab. The 2,000 credits resets each month.
Automatic translation credit values depend on your preferred translation engine. DeepL offers the highest quality and most natural translations, followed by Google Translate.
- Microsoft Azure = 1 credit/word
- Google Translate = 2 credits/word
- DeepL = 3 credits/word
Automatic translation is free for sites that use 2,000 credits or less each month! If you use more than 2,000 credits per month, you will be charged according to the following pricing table.
* This pricing is for websites registered on WPML.org with valid accounts. Sites that are not registered or registered on expired accounts pay an additional $2.98 per month for automatic translation.
You are charged based on the actual number of words you use in each calendar month. This means that when you set up your account, we will not charge you anything because you haven’t translated any words yet. On the 3rd of each month, we will charge you for your usage during the previous calendar month.
The system checks how many words you have used and charges you according to the pricing level it falls into.
For example, translating 2,000 words will use:
- 2,000 credits with Microsoft Azure and cost $0
- 4,000 credits with Google Translate and cost $2
- 6,000 credits with DeepL and cost $7
To make sure you don’t exceed your preferred budget, you can set a limit for monthly payments.
You can also share your automatic translation credits between other sites.
To ensure you don’t accidentally go over your monthly budget, you can set a limit for the maximum amount you would like to pay each month.
When you first sign up, a payment limit is set at the $17 payment level by default. You can change this by going to WPML → Translation Management and clicking the Translation Tools tab. Click Payment & Settings to view your current limit.
Click Change your limit and drag your limit to where you would like it to be. Then click Update Limit to save the change.
If you have a new automatic translation account and are unable to increase your limit to where you would like it to be, please note this is a security feature for new accounts.
To unlock higher payment limits:
- Set the limit for the maximum available to you.
- When you have used up all your credits, you will be prompted to pay the current balance on your invoice.
- Once it is paid, the next higher payment limit will unlock, and you can continue translating.
- On the 3rd of the month, you will receive an invoice for the number of credits you have used since your earlier payment.
You can view your payment history and download past invoices at any time by going to WPML → Translation Management and clicking the Translation Tools tab. Click Payment & Settings and scroll down to expand the Invoices dropdown.
Go to WPML → Translation Management and click the Translation Tools tab. Click the Payment & Settings button, and then the Cancel subscription link.
You’ll receive a final bill for your usage over the last month.