The Import and export users and customers plugin is compatible with WPML. You can translate the front-end import users page and send translated email notifications to users.
Watch this quick tutorial to learn more:
- Getting Started
- Translating the “Import Users From the Front-End” Page
- Translating Default and Custom Email Templates
- Known Issues
- Getting Help
Start by installing and activating the following:
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
With WPML, you can choose from two translation modes:
- The Translate Everything mode translates your site’s content as you add or edit it.
- The Translate Some mode allows you to decide what to translate, and who will translate it.
Note that while you can use the Translate Everything mode to translate your page’s content, you’ll still need to use String Translation to translate the form’s textual elements.
Below, we’ll show you how to translate the form page by yourself:
Start by translating the import users form’s textual elements:
- Go to WPML → String Translation and use the search box to find the form strings. In our example, we are translating the Upload and process button.
- Click on the plus icon to add your translation and hit enter to save it.
- Edit your page with the form and locate the Language box in the right sidebar. Click the plus icon next to the language you want to translate your page into.
- You’ll be taken to the Advanced Translation Editor. If you have translation credits, you can click the Translate automatically button to automatically translate your page. If not, enter the translations for each line manually and click Complete once you’re done.
This is how the translated user import page looks like on the front-end:
Notice that the Choose File button and accompanying text aren’t translated. This is because your browser is responsible for processing these strings. You will always see these strings in the language of your browser.
With the Import and export users and customers plugin, you can choose whether to send the default email notification or create a custom one.
You can find the default notification email by going to Tools → Import and export users and customers and clicking on the Mail options tab.
To translate the default email template:
- Go to WPML → String Translation and select admin_texts_acui_mail_body from the In domain drop-down menu.
- Click the plus icon to add your translation and then hit enter to save it. Make sure to translate only the text of the email and not the shortcodes.
- Repeat the first two steps for the admin_text_acui_mail_subject domain text.
Start by going to Tools → Import and export users and customers and clicking on the Mail Options tab. Scroll down to Email templates from this plugin and use the checkbox to Enable mail templates.
You should now see a new option called Email templates (Import Users) in your admin menu. You can add your custom email templates from here.
To translate your custom email template:
- Go to Email templates (Import Users) → All email template and click the plus icon next to the custom email template you’d like to translate.
- You’ll be taken to the Advanced Translation Editor, where you can input your translations. Remember to only translate the text and not the shortcodes. Click Complete once you’re done.
Your users will receive the translated version of the custom email when you import users using the secondary language version of the user import page on the front-end.
If you need help translating your site built using the Import and export users and customers plugin and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.