Reported for: WPML Multilingual CMS 3.3.3
Resolved in: 3.3.6
Overview of the issue
In some cases, switching or opening a translated media file in the front-end may redirect to the same media file for another language.
- Activate and configure WPML in a fresh installation: default language is English and secondary languages are French & Spanish.
- Activate WPML Media Translation
- Add a post with tag, category and feature image.
- Upload more than one image to Media while choosing featured image and select one of the images.
- Visit Media -> Library and click Image URL for viewing it on front end.
- When navigating switching language in the front end, for French we will be automatically redirected to Spanish.
- It works fine for Spanish & English.
- Visit Media -> Library and upload another image.
- Click Image URL for viewing it on front end.
- It works okay for Spanish & English and when we visiting French, it will redirect to Spanish again.
Language resolution of media files may redirect to another language in some circumstances.
There is no workaround at the moment.
A fix will be provided in the next version of WPML.