THE CHALLENGEThe client in the case, ArtDeco 1925 is a company that specializes in trading the original French Art Deco furniture from this period and a range of services related to expertise in Art deco period. Today, they represent the largest exhibition space in Germany with originals from that time. Their goal was to modernize their website, including the online showroom. The client had a clear idea of the goals they wanted to achieve with the new website.
The challenge laid in showing and explaining different types of technology to the client and finding the optimal solution for the new website.
- Before reaching to us, the client had already had an offer for programming the website. After a thorough analysis, and despite the fact that we are a development company, we opted for building a new website based on standard existing components
- Instead of creating custom code that requires constant maintenance, we decided to use exclusively the standard WordPress, WooCommerce and implemented them according to the client’s needs. The only changes made were done at the level of CSS and just a few lines of code
- We adapted a set of carefully chosen WordPress plug-ins to make the website 100% functional and attractive. First, we created a test website as proof of concept that we reused in the project. This helped us to minimize any misunderstandings and to make sure that the client feels comfortable while working with us
- We implemented the online showcase room with over 400 products that needed to be uploaded and optimized manually
- We acted as consultants to the ArtDeco management team in visual appearance of the website, including the photography, visuals and copy
- The website is fully optimized in order to make it run as effectively as possible and as well as to receive a well-ranked position in search engines