Dura Undercushion is in manufacturing, based in Montreal, Canada and has been in business for over 60 years.
Their previous website was using older technology and recent content could not be translated anymore, affecting the client's brand image. We were tasked with designing, building and managing their new website, which had to be perfectly bilingual (English & French), to support their efforts in developing the US market.
The new site now uses Beaver Builder, WooCommerce, and WPML, to provide a seamless experience moving from French to English. In addition, each product's page was completely customized to provide easy access to documentation and keep extensive download and visitor stats, helping Dura Undercushion assess the demand for their products.
The client is now able to update their content themselves using WPML's interface, preventing any content from being out-of-date.http://www.duracushion.com
How to build a multilingual e-commerce website with Toolset and WPML
- Add custom fields and taxonomies to your WooCommerce products with Types
- Create your own templates for WooCommerce products
- Create a customized shopping page and a side by side product comparison
- Build a product search so customers can find your products
- Add a product categories slider
- Create front end forms so users can add and edit products using Forms
- Display information on store orders and which customers bought a product
To translate an e-commerce website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages and posts
- Translate your taxonomies
- Translate your strings from your theme, plugins and other places
- Translate your menus
- Translate your WooCommerce elements using WCML
If you are assigning translations
You will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.