The Pontifical Orientale Institute attracts students and visitors from around the world, not only for it's for its unique multicultural blend of Western and Eastern church studies but also for its world-class library - which features the most authoritative and extensive collection of volumes on the Eastern Catholic and Orthodox Churches, exceeding 200 000 volumes.
A new independent website was envisioned to highlight this incredible collection, and to service visitors in both Italian and English. Longbeard turned to WPML to provide the advanced functionality necessary to ensure a rich, vibrant, and accessible experience on the Orientale Library website.
How to build a multilingual education website with WPML
To build a multilingual education website with Toolset like this one you will need to:
- Add custom post types to create sections for your website (services, courses, testimonials etc)
- Create custom fields to make it easy to add and update information for each course/service
- Create custom taxonomies to group any courses or services together by categories
- Display your content on the front end using Views
- Design the structure of your pages using Layouts
To translate your education website with WPML you will need to
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages, posts and custom post types
- Translate other site content such as custom fields, images and URLs
- Translate strings
If you are assigning translations you will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.