PureSEO.com is a digital marketing agency website.
The website uses WPML to deliver regional-based content for:
- Australia (pureseo.com/au)
- New Zealand (pureseo.com/nz)
- International - for all other countries (pureseo.com)
With WPML, all of the pages on the website feature the correct canonical and hreflang tags including the "x-default" for the International version of the website.
With some custom coding, we also made sure that our centralised blog displayed the correct SEO friendly tags across all regions - making it easy for the content team as they only need to upload a blog article to the default region and then it is automatically displayed across all regions. Having correct hreflang tags makes the content avoid a duplication issue with search engines for SEO purposes.
Each regional version of the site was also deployed on a subdirectory as opposed to a subdomain using hreflang which means that they have unified link equity.
The website detects the users Geo IP address and automatically redirects them to the correct regional version of the website.https://pureseo.com
How to build a multilingual brochure website with Toolset and WPML
To build a multilingual brochure website with Toolset you will need to:
- Add custom post types to create sections for your website (showcase, testimonials, projects)
- Create custom fields so that it’s easy to update the pages with new information
- Insert custom taxonomies to group any services, events or other information by categories
- Display your content on the front end with Views
- Design your pages for each section using Layouts
To translate your brochure website with WPML you will need to:
- Choose who will translate your content, yourself, your own translators or a translation service
- Translate your pages, posts and custom post types
- Translate other site content such as custom fields, images and URLs
- Translate strings
If you are assigning translations
You will want to follow the steps above but you will need to send content for translation.
You can find more details on each step within our guide on how to translate a WordPress website.