WPML 2.4.0 is out and available for your update pleasure. This version includes many new features and bug fixes.
I wrote about the new features in the release-candidate post, but here a quick reminder:
- Menu Synchronization – no more need to manually build menus in different languages, WPML can build them for you
- Filter by Parent in the Translation Dashboard – easily select groups of child pages, or posts by category for translations
- Language Switcher in Menu – add WPML’s language switcher to WordPress menus
- Author Names Translation Optional – choose which profiles to translate via the String Translation screen
- Translation for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category – the default category can have a meaningful name in different languages
- Full Support for Types and Views – WPML and our new custom data plugin work perfectly together
Along with these new features, we also fixed a handful of bugs, so this upgrade is highly recommended. As always, you should backup your database before upgrading – just in case.
Getting This Upgrade
Normally, you should see this upgrade in your WordPress admin, in the plugins section. For the auto-upgrade to work, you’ll need to enter your subscription email and key. You can also upgrade manually by downloading this version from your WPML account.
Our immediate priority is to make sure that WPML is fully compatible with WordPress 3.3, before the release candidate comes out (and way before the final WP 3.3 release is ready).
WP 3.3 includes new and exciting features which we need to respond to. This ranges from cosmetic, but important, changes in the Admin layout to much improved URL resolution. I’ll write more about WP 3.3 compatibility as soon as we have something.
Then, we’ll be back to our planned development and will add the anticipated support for displaying untranslated content.
We Love Feedback
Please let us know how you like this upgrade. Of course, if you need any technical help, the forum is the place to go. For ideas, suggestions and just plain feedback, leave comments here.