Relevanssi is a search engine that replaces your default WordPress search. It provides many additional features and options to help give your visitors better and more accurate results. Using Relevanssi and WPML, you can filter search results according to your current language.
- Getting Started
- Setting Up Relevanssi With WPML
- How Does WPML Work With Relevanssi?
- Known Issues
- Getting Help From Our Support
Start by activating and configuring the following plugins:
- WPML core plugin and WPML String Translation add-on
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through all the translation options you can use.
Relevanssi is compatible with WPML’s Translate Everything mode, which translates your site’s content automatically. You can also choose to use the Translate Some mode, which allows you to control what content you send for translation, and who will translate it.
Start by restricting search results to the currently active language:
- Go to the Settings → Relevanssi page and click on the Searching tab.
- Scroll down to the WPML section. Check the Limit results to current language option as shown below and click Save.
Relevanssi improves on the basic WordPress search. Once you translate your posts and pages, the search automatically detects the current language and displays only the results in that language.
According to WordPress search plugin comparisons, Relevanssi is one of the most popular and frequently chosen WordPress search plugins.
Search Results in English
Search Results in Spanish
In case you need help translating your site built using Relevanssi and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.