Some very specific strings, registered via the wpml_translate_single_string hook or the deprecated call to icl_translate may not translate in some cases.
Our developers are working on fixing this.
This is happening because of our new translation mechanism and because the affected string may be modified so it’s not the exact value as it is saved in the database.
- First, find the problematic string.
- Go to the WPML -> String Translation page and remove the problematic string.
- Go to the WPML -> String Translation page and in the Auto register strings for translation section, enable the Look for strings while pages are rendered option.
- Re-visit the page on the front-end where the string appears.
- Re-visit the WPML -> String Translation page and search for that string.
- Translate the string.
After translating the string, remember to un-check the auto-registration option.