- May 19, 2023
MetaSlider is an easy-to-use WordPress slider plugin. This tutorial will show you how to use WPML to translate your sliders created with the MetaSlider plugin.
Start by downloading and activating the following:
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
For step-by-step instructions on how to create, customize, and insert sliders into pages, check out MetaSlider’s documentation.
You can create and translate sliders by following these three easy steps:
- Creating your default language slider.
- Creating your secondary language slider.
- Adding the default language slider to a post or page and translating it.
Note: If you had images in your media library before installing WPML, you may need to duplicate your media. To do this, go to WPML → Settings and scroll down to Media Translation. In the existing media section, make sure that all the options are marked as shown below. Then, click on the Start button.
To learn more about translating images, see our page about Media Translation.
To create a slider using MetaSlider:
- From your admin menu, go to MetaSlider → MetaSlider and click on New in the upper right-hand corner.
- Name your slider and click the Add Slide button to add slides. You can choose between adding existing images from the Media Library or uploading new images.
- Configure your slider as best fits your needs and click the Save button in the upper right-hand corner when you’re done.
- In MetaSlider, open your default language slider and click the Duplicate button.
- Once the page reloads, translate your slider name and image captions. You can also change images or slideshow settings for your secondary language.
- Save your secondary language slider.
- To add your MetaSlider slider to a page or post, add the MetaSlider block and choose the correct slider in your default language from the drop-down list.
- From the Language box in the right sidebar, switch to using the WordPress Editor to translate the page content. In the pop-up that appears, confirm that you want to use the editor to translate this page.
- Click the plus icon next to the language you want to translate the page into.
- Add the title and any other content you’d like to your secondary language page.
- Similarly as with your default language page, add the MetaSlider block. This time, choose the slider you created in your secondary language from the drop-down list.
- Click the Publish button to save the secondary language page.
You can now view your pages with the sliders on the front-end:
The slider in the default language
The slider in the secondary language
If you need help translating your site built using MetaSlider and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.