MetaSlider is an easy-to-use WordPress slider plugin. In this tutorial, we will provide you with detailed instructions on how to translate your sliders using WPML.
- WPML’s Getting Started Guide helps you in setting up WPML in a few minutes.
- MetaSlider documentation provides step-by-step instructions on how to create, customize, and insert sliders into pages.
- Install and activate the WPML plugin along with the Media translation add-on.
- Install and activate the MetaSlider Gallery plugin.
Creating a multilingual slider takes only 3 easy steps:
- Create your default language slider.
- Create your secondary language slider.
- Insert the default language slider into the page/post and translate it.
To create a slider:
- Click on the MetaSlider item in the main WordPress menu.
- Click New to create a new slider.
- Give your slider a name.
- Click on the Add Slide button to choose your slider images from the Media Library or upload new images.
- Configure your slider as you would like it.
- Click on the Save button in the upper right corner.
Note: if you had images in your media library before installing WPML go to the WPML → Media Translation page. There, make sure that all the options are as shown below in the existing media section. Click on the Start button. Read more about the Media Translation Module.
- Open your default language slider in MetaSlider and click Duplicate.
- Add your translations and change any images or settings you would prefer for your secondary language.
- Save the slider.
- To add your slider to a page or post, add the MetaSlider block and choose the correct slideshow from the dropdown.
- In the Language meta box, turn off Use WPML’s Translation Editor. Then, click the + icon next to the secondary language you would like to translate the post into.
- Add the title and page content you want on your secondary language page.
- Add the MetaSlider block and choose the slider you created in your secondary language.
- Click the Publish button.
This is how the sliders look on the front-end:
|The slider in the default language||The slider in the secondary language|