The Compress JPEG & PNG images plugin’s integration with WPML allows you to optimize images on your multilingual WordPress website.
The Compress JPEG & PNG images plugin automatically optimizes any images that you upload to your WordPress website. It also features a “Bulk Optimization” option that you can use to optimize the existing images in your media library. Additionally, it is fully compatible with WPML!
Watch this short tutorial to see how the Compress JPEG & PNG images plugin optimizes the default and secondary language images translated using WPML.
You need the following WPML components:
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management
- WPML Media Translation
Of course, you need to have the Compress JPEG & PNG images plugin installed and activated on your site. You can find it on the WordPress repository.
WPML offers two translation editors you can use for translating your site’s content:
- WPML classic translation editor (CTE).
- WPML advanced translation editor (ATE) offers automatic translation, a glossary, spell checker, and more! The automatic machine translation service starts at $4.98/month for 5,000 words and provides enough word quota for most sites.
Besides translating your site content yourself, you can also:
- Send your content for translation to a professional translation service.
- Create your own team of local translators from the Translation Roles tab in Translation Management and assign translation jobs to them.
Compress JPEG & PNG images gives you the option to automatically optimize any images that you upload to your WordPress media library. Hence, it optimizes the default and secondary language(s) images.
For existing images, you can use the Bulk Optimization option.
WPML allows you to translate images metadata which are the title, caption, alt text, and description. Additionally, you can show different images for different languages. Check out our detailed guide on translating images using Media Translation.
In case you need help translating your site built using Compress JPEG & PNG images and WPML, visit WPML’s support forum.