Reported for: WPML Multilingual CMS 4.1.0
Resolved in: WPML 4.1.2
There is an issue which prevents editing translations of page builder contents using the native WordPress editor.
After clicking the Update button, the translated content is replaced with the original.
This issue occurs when the following conditions are met:
- The Translation Management, String Translation, and Media Translation add-on plugins are active.
- The post content was built using a page builder (WPBakery, Divi, Elementor, etc.).
- The translation was previously translated through a translation job (using the Classic or Advanced Translation Editor, or job sent to a remote service).
As a workaround, we can suggest 2 options:
- Use a translation editor (Classic or Advanced) instead of the native WordPress editor.
- Temporarily disable the WPML Media Translation add-on while editing the post translation through the native editor. Please note that this might result in images not to be converted in the post content. For example, if you have an image http://example.org/english-image.jpg which was “translated” to http://example.org/french-image.jpg, the URL replacement in the post content will not work if you translate from English to French.