Reported for: WPML Multilingual CMS 188.8.131.52
Resolved in: WPML Multilingual CMS 3.5.2
Overview of the issue
The problem manifest itself when:
- Using WordPress 4.6.0 and higher.
- There is more than one language defined
- Option Don’t use String Translation to translate the theme and plugins is chosen in WPML > Theme and plugins localization
- MO file corresponding to the second language is uploaded
- MO file corresponding to the default language is not uploaded (as it usually happens).
Issue: strings belonging to a plugin or a theme might be shown translated to the secondary language.
- A site with English as default language and Bulgarian as a secondary language.
- The site uses the WooCommerce plugin.
- A product is created and added translated in Bulgarian.
- When visiting the English page of this product, texts belonging to the WooCommerce plugin are shown in Bulgarian.
If the product is not translated, this does not happen.
To prevent this problem, you have to upload the plugin’s MO file corresponding to the default language or downgrade to WordPress 4.5.4 (the version previous to 4.6).