Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.22 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
July 17, 2024 at 9:58 pm #15968593

Chris

Background of the issue:
Recently in the new version of Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual (Version 2.1.0 April 24, 2024), a new feature named 'Added support to automatically convert target links in WYSIWYG fields.' was added.
I am not sure if it's this or if I had the issue prior but it's constantly trying to replace links that I would like to be unchanged in my ACF WYSIWYG field content.
I have found the `wpml_translate_link_targets` filter use that seems responsible for replacement of the links during the `acf/load_value` execution.
If I comment the line calling the filter in `plugins/acfml/classes/Field/FrontendHooks.php` everything works as expected.

Symptoms:
The auto-conversion of target links in WYSIWYG fields is replacing links that should remain unchanged.

Questions:
Is there a way for me to disable this autoconvert on `acf/load_value` filter?
Could you implement a CONSTANT like for `ACFML_EXCLUDE_FIELD_GROUP_STRINGS_IN_POST_JOBS` or add a toggle in WPML settings to disable this functionality?

July 18, 2024 at 4:07 am #15969479

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Basically, the internal URL in the WYSIWYG field value should be adjusted automatically to show the translation URL in the second language. I think it is expected behavior and I'm afraid that there isn't an option to disable this feature.

Regarding a CONSTANT to disable this feature, I'm discussing this with our 2nd tier support and update you here when I have something to share.

Thanks.