Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alexandra 3 days, 4 hours ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
October 1, 2024 at 8:55 pm #16242843

Alexandra

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate content in my index.html file, which is a WordPress FSE template part. My site is password protected (demo / broadbent). I followed the steps here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-translate-a-template-part-using-full-site-editing/. This is for a template part, not a template. I need to translate the Previous / Next text in the Query block's navigation block. See what I see here: hidden link. I looked under String Translation but I am not finding the pagination text. I translated a few instances of the words Next / Previous but nothing is changing when I go to the French version of my page. I turned on the setting to scan the site for strings but still have not found the text.

Symptoms:
When I go to translate, it is only showing static text in a block. The pagination text (Previous / Next) in the Query block's navigation block is not being found or translated.

Questions:
What is the correct way to translate text in the query navigation block?

October 2, 2024 at 3:30 pm #16246556

Alexandra

Hi there,

Following up on this ticket to let you know that the theme, content etc. is all set up in the sandbox provided by WPML support here: hidden link

The content is here: hidden link

Unfortunately, the same issue persists.

October 3, 2024 at 3:02 pm #16250903

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to replicate this,

I first suspected your custom theme, but I was able to replicate this on default themes like twenty-twenty one, here is a sandbox I tested : hidden link

I have escalated this to our compatibility team, I will let you know once I get an update,

Best,

October 3, 2024 at 3:06 pm #16250934

Alexandra

Thank you, Ilyes. Will keep an eye out for news from the compatibility team.