Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
User is experiencing a 404 error when creating a new product in a secondary language on their WordPress site, it might be due to an issue with WPML settings or permalink configuration.
Solution:
We recommend you follow these steps after backing up your site:
1) Go to WPML>>Settings>>Slug translations.
2) Disable the

Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation)

option and save the changes.
3) Clear all types of caches.
4) Navigate to Settings>>Permalinks.
5) Resave the settings.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to it being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 days, 17 hours ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 26, 2024 at 7:47 am #16223338

Meir Pariente

Background of the issue:
I am trying to create a new product on my WordPress site. When I enter the product page, I encounter a 404 error. The issue can be seen at hidden link

Symptoms:
I expected to see the product page, but instead, I got a 404 error not found.

Questions:
Why am I getting a 404 error when creating a new product?
How can I resolve the 404 error on the product page?

September 26, 2024 at 9:37 am #16224079

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Does it happen for all the products created in the secondary language? Please try the following steps after a site backup and check whether the issue exists or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Settings>>Slug translations
2) Disable the *Translate custom post and taxonomy base slugs (via WPML String Translation).* option and save the changes
3) Clear all types of caches
4) Visit Settings>>Permalinks
5) Resave the settings

--
Thanks!

Bigul

Meir Pariente confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-26 10:58:31.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.